OUR GOAL: A CIRCLE OF SUPPORTERS GIVING $350/MONTH OR $4200 FOR THE YEAR
Electronics &Telecommunications Engineering
GRAD DATE: Aug 2020
- September 1, 2019 – Igor was looking forward to getting his drivers license this summer! He studied the traffic rules and regulations and was ready to get on the road!
- May 18, 2019 – This last semester I learned through our Monthly leadership trainings:
1. Time Management, which will help me to get more things done and get the right things done in the right time.
2. Financial Literacy, which is necessary for financial responsibility which applies to my everyday life.
3. Goal settings: I have learned that if I want to be successful in everything I do, I need to set goals.
Through my classes, I learned many things which will be helpful as a future Electrical Engineer, I learned about domestic and industrial installations.
- February 9, 2019 – When asked to define servant leadership, how that applies to his life now, and his future career, Igor said: “Servant leadership begins with the natural feeling that one wants to serve. Then a conscious choice brings one to aspire to lead. I used to serve my workmates by showing them how they can do a better job in order to produce a good quality product and also by sharing a word of God. I will implement servant leadership in my future career by making the right decisions and to do things in the right way and in the right time.”
- November 19, 2018 – Igor wants to be known for being an incredible leader – one of the best!
- July 7, 2018 – Last year, Igor had to switch his studies from Electronics and Telecommunications to Electrical Technology which was his second option. This was a challenge for him, but due to the low number of students who wanted to study Electronics and Telecommunications his university had to cut that program. Thankfully he was able to still study his second choice, and is looking forward to continuing his studies this summer!
- May 12, 2018 – Igor values kindness and discipline, because both of them help him to live in peace with others and to achieve his goals!
- March 25, 2018 – When Igor was younger, he dreamt of being an electrical engineer, because he liked electronics and was always curious about how they worked. In five years, Igor sees himself as an electrical technology engineer!
- Feb 27, 2018 – Igor’s nickname as a child was Bon Fils, which is good boy in French. He said the person who inspires him the most is his mother, because she is a hardworking woman who sacrificed a lot for him, Igor said he is who he is now because of his mother!
- Jan 25, 2018 – The most interesting book Igor read recently is, The Power of Positive Thinking by Norman Vincent Peale. The part that stood out to him was the idea that the introduction and inflow of new thoughts can remake you.
- Dec 18, 2017 – In Rwanda, Igor says that many people have Christmas trees and decorate their homes, people have parties, and give gifts and Christmas cards, and churches have special services! There is also a traditional meal that is called Imvange that is made of bean and potatoes, and traditional clothing such as Umushanana that people wear! A word Igor thinks his friends would use to describe him as is “kind” because he cares a lot about his friendships, and does whatever he can to help others!
- Nov 11, 2017 – This Thanksgiving Igor is thankful for that he was able to join the These Numbers Have Faces family and begin University! He loves that he will be able to spend Christmas with his family.
- Oct 8, 2017-Over his summer Igor helped take care of his friend’s brother who was sick. Igor is very excited to sit in a university class for the first time, and is looking forward to working hard in all of his classes.
- T. & C. Wenglar – Austin, TX
- A. Questad – Arlington, MA
Igor was young when he lost his father, and his mother worked very hard to provide for her five children. Education was always important to them, and sometimes that meant missing meals to afford school fees. In 2011, Igor’s mother also passed away, so he got a job and started working to provide for his siblings. To Igor, education doesn’t just mean a better job in the future, but an opportunity to improve his skills and support his family. With a degree in Electronics and Telecommunications, Igor looks forward to developing innovative solutions for his community as an Electrical Software Engineer!
Igor was young when he lost his father, and his mother worked very hard to provide for her five children. Education was always important to them, and sometimes that meant missing meals to afford school fees.
In 2011, Igor’s mother also passed away, so he got a job and started working to provide for his siblings. To Igor, education doesn’t just mean a better job in the future, but an opportunity to improve his skills and support his family.
With a degree in Electronics and Telecommunications, Igor looks forward to developing innovative solutions for his community as an Electrical Software Engineer!