OUR GOAL: A CIRCLE OF SUPPORTERS GIVING $350/MONTH OR $4200 FOR THE YEAR
ADVENTIST UNIVERSITY OF CENTRAL AFRICA
GRAD DATE: Nov 2020
- July 1, 2020 – We asked our students what makes them proud of their culture, and Darcie said: “Our traditional dance “Amaraba” it made me proud and reminds me where I come from.”
- March 30, 2020 – Darcie speaks Kinyarwanda, English, French, and Swahili.
- March 30, 2020 – Darcie said his favorite drink is milk.
- September 1, 2019 – This Summer Darcie had an internship. He was looking forward to how this would bring him that much closer to finishing his studies and achieving his professional goals.
- May 18, 2019 – This semester was not good. I was sick, my studies were not good, my mid-semester exam result wasn’t good. I did well in my final exam, so I suppose the lesson was that I have to keep going on no matter what.
- February 9, 2019 – When asked to define servant leadership, how that applies to his life now, and his future career, Darcie said: “A servant leader is a leader who leads by example and influences others through actions. As a finance student, preparing to be finance manager, I implement the skills obtained from our TNHF trainings by living to serve not to be served.”
- November 19, 2018 – Darcie wants to be known for being a creative leader who challenges people to achieve more than they ever thought possible!
- July 7, 2018 – Going into this last semester, Darcie was nervous about taking a class that everyone said was really difficult, but once he started the class he realized it wasn’t the class that was hard but the teacher. He was able to study outside of class and get ahead on reading so when the teacher taught in class he knew what they were teaching on! Because of his hard work and determination to do well, he passed the class with a high grade! This summer, he will be taking summer classes at his university. He plans to work hard to keep up his good grades, and his goal is to make new friends, and visit his old friends. He said that it can be a hard sometime for him to make friends, but he wants to change that this summer!
- May 12, 2018 – The two things Darcie values the most are his friends and his mother. He said a good friend is vital, to be there for you and help you, and the same goes for his mother who is always there for him!
- March 25, 2018 – When Darcie was younger, he wanted to be a soldier because he wanted to help keep his country safe! In five years, he sees himself running his own business where he will employ people from his community who are in need of jobs!
- December 18, 2017 – Darcie says that on Christmas she and her mother go to church the night before, then on Christmas day they sing, dance and eat special food together! Darcie thinks that her friends would describe her as curious, hardworking and responsible.
- November 11, 2017 – This holiday season Darcie thanks God for His protection and love, he is also thankful for These Numbers Have Faces staff, donors, and his impact circle members who support and encourage him! He is looking forward to Christmas.
- October 8, 2017 – Darcie spent her summer at home helping her mom with things around their home, and visiting her friends. She is excited to be starting her second year at school.
- February 13, 2017 – Darcie feels most empowered when he achieves his goals. These moments remind him he is capable of being a good leader!
- January 17, 2017 – Life isn’t without challenges. Last year, a challenge Darcie faced was struggling to pay for his school feels. With his Leadership Loan, he learned the importance of working hard, being patient and trusting God.
- December 8, 2016 – In 2017 Darcie is excited to work on his Community Impact Project of teaching English to his community leaders!
- October 14, 2016 – Darcie spent the summer doing jobs to help support his family. One of the highlights of his summer was being accepted as a TNHF scholar!
- J. Palma – Leander, TX
- K. Hook – Austin, TX
- A. Burtnett – Austin, TX
- J. Buck – Lexington, KY
Darcie knows the meaning of hard work! After seeking refuge in Rwanda as conflicts had grown in Burundi, he was separated from his father, forcing his mother and him to work hard just to make ends meet. Most recently, Darcie has been working as an overnight security guard so he has time to study during the day. Darcie knows that skills and knowledge are found in school and studies, but many leadership qualities can be gained through experience, hard work, and humility. Beyond being an exceptional leader, Darcie wants to use his Accounting degree to contribute to his country’s development.
Darcie knows the meaning of hard work! After seeking refuge in Rwanda as conflicts had grown in Burundi, he was separated from his father, forcing his mother and him to work hard just to make ends meet. Most recently, Darcie has been working as an overnight security guard so he has time to study during the day.
Darcie knows that skills and knowledge are found in school and studies, but many leadership qualities can be gained through experience, hard work, and humility. Beyond being an exceptional leader, Darcie wants to use his Accounting degree to contribute to his country’s development.