OUR GOAL: A CIRCLE OF SUPPORTERS GIVING $350/MONTH OR $4200 FOR THE YEAR
University of Kigali
Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering
GRAD DATE: Aug 2020
- December 1, 2020 – I am studying Computer Science at the University of Kigali. My dream is to become a change maker in my community through technology.
- July 1, 2020 – We asked our students what makes them proud of their culture, and Ariane said: “A woman is the heart of the family. She is gifted, innovative and should use her talents to make her family better. This statement is always used in our home and family to mean that a woman should be responsible, cautious, hard-working and empathetic. I always improve on these qualities in my daily life to become a woman of great value.”
- March 30, 2020 – Ariane fluently speaks English, French and Kinyarwanda.
- March 30, 2020 – Chamomile tea is Ariane’s favorite drink always.
- September 1, 2019 – Ariane didn’t have a summer break. She said her school calendar isn’t set up that way. So she’s been in classes!
- May 18, 2019 – Last semester during my internship season I got a chance to travel to the US. I learned to be open-minded in every situation, learn from everything and everyone.
- February 9, 2019 – When asked to define servant leadership, how that applies to her life now, and her future career, Ariane said: “For me, servant leadership is about being obliging and having empathy for those you lead. I always apply servant leadership wherever I am by respecting and valuing whoever I meet, helping others and providing constructive feedback.”
- November 19, 2018 – Ariane wants to be known as someone who changed and impacted a lot of lives and as someone who achieved her dreams! This semester she is hopeful that she will gain more practical knowledge about operations research.
- July 7, 2018 – This summer Ariane was nominated and selected as a Youth Change Maker! She will be representing the East Africa Youth Community of Change Makers at the upcoming Africa Social Entrepreneurship Summit in Johannesburg. She is excited to be able to take on this role with 11 other Youth Change Makers from East, West and Southern Africa as well as Sahel, to inspire the continent’s young leaders and influencers to impact the youth to self-identify as change makers themselves! This is such an incredible opportunity for Ariane, but it did bring about some challenges this last school year as she had to learn to balance both her studies and work as a Youth Change Maker. She was able to overcome this challenge by proactively scheduling her work, setting priorities and always remembering what her goals are!
- May 12, 2018 – The two things Ariane values the most are family and happiness, because she is who she is today because God has blessed her with them!
- March 25, 2018 – When Ariane was younger, her father was ill which lead to her wanting to be a doctor when she grew up so she could help him. In five years, she sees herself having a large social enterprise that will be helping people all throughout the country!
- February 27, 2018 – Ariane said the person who inspires her the most is her mom, because she is the hardest working person she knows and she is always encouraging Ariane to do her best!
- January 25, 2018 – Ariane read Michelle Obama’s biography, and said it was so good she couldn’t put it down! The most interesting part was Michelle Obama’s dedication, focus and the hard work she put into current social issues.
- December 18, 2017 – On Christmas, Ariane says she goes to church to remember and thank God for sending Jesus to earth to save us! She said they also always eat special foods on Christmas day. A word Ariane says she thinks her friends would describe her as is “passionate” because she is a very driven and dynamic lady!
- October 8, 2017 – This summer Ariane attended an African Women Summit in Morocco and was able to meet a variety of inspiring like-minded entrepreneurs. She is very excited to start her new classes; develop her professional skills through working with a team that will challenge and encourage her leadership and technical skills.