JOIN US IN RWANDA JANUARY 9TH TO 16TH
Now is your chance to participate first hand in the global impact of These Numbers Have Faces and AH Awake. By joining us in Rwanda in 2019, you’ll have a once-in-a-lifetime experience connecting with students and entrepreneurs, learning about new cultures, and using your skills to empower the next generation of leaders.
You’ll connect with amazingly bright scholars and entrepreneurs by visiting their campuses and businesses.
You’ll enter into the fascinating story of Rwanda and the Congo, learning more about its history and hope for the future.
You’ll get to meet the child you sponsor through Africa New Life and have the opportunity to donate resources to their family.
You’ll inspire young people through workshops and conversations. Your insight and experience will be invaluable for Rwandan youth!
IN-COUNTRY DATES: JANUARY 9TH – 16TH, 2019
DEADLINE TO APPLY: NOVEMBER 30th, 2018
- Experience Rwanda’s culture, history and people. You will visit the Genocide memorial in Kigali and meet with students impacted by the genocide.
- Visit a refugee camp with These Numbers Have Faces’ Congolese refugee students. You will eat a traditional Congolese meal and enjoy the hospitality of the family of one of our students.
- Engage with the Accelerate Academy Entrepreneurship Program learning about business creation in Rwanda and empowering young entrepreneurs.
- Visit your sponsored children through Africa New Life, visiting their homes and meeting their families.
- Attend one of These Numbers Have Faces’ signature Leadership Trainings and inspire university students. They love to hear about the lives of visitors and learn new skills.
- Experience a breathtaking safari to Akagera Wildlife Reserve.
TRIP COSTS & DETAILS
Your flight will be scheduled with Aspen Heights Awake, taking the Delta/KLM flight through Amsterdam, staying over in Amsterdam for one day on the way to Rwanda.
We stay at Hotel Chez Lando in Kigali. Chez Lando is a great hotel for a great price. The rooms come at various price points and they are clean and comfortable. A nice breakfast is included and the hotel features a restaurant and bar for hanging out, watching soccer matches, and free internet.
We hire quality drivers and vehicles who will take care of us all week.
Breakfast is provided by the hotel, lunches may include “African food” while we’re out and about, and we’ll eat at nicer restaurants in the evening with food from all over the world.
Rwanda Administration Donation
It’s a lot of work to prepare a trip like this. The Rwanda Administration Donation ensures that our team on the ground are 100% ready to welcome you to Rwanda.
Akagera Wildlife Reserve
Transport, lodging, park passes, and food. Highlights include Elephants, Lions, Hippos, Crocs, Buffalo, Giraffes, and more.
TOTAL: $3,400 – $3,800
*All costs are estimates based on current pricing and previous experience.
AH Awake is dedicated to helping people reach their fullest human potential through an enriching training experience. The Rwanda trip includes 6 weeks of training where you are taken through a relief and development overview, poverty worldview formation, and preparation when you “hit the ground” in Rwanda.
Spots on the trip are EXTREMELY limited, and reserving your spot require an initial deposit of $25 toward the Rwanda Administration Donation. This fee is non-refundable unless the trip as a whole is canceled. Deadline to register is November 30th, 2018
QUESTIONS ABOUT THE TRIP?
See the FAQ’s below or email Clare Connally: firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.