- March 28, 2017 - When asked about the things she values most, Zita said her life, family, faith and her education!
- Feb 13, 2017 - The thing that empowers Zita the most is trust. When the people she is studying with, living with and working with trust her, it motivates her to keep reaching higher!
- Jan 17, 2017 - Life isn't without challenges. Last year, a challenge Zita faced was her transition from high school to University. She learned how more is now required of her in her classes, which is helping her learn to prioritize her time!
- Dec 8, 2016 - Zita has big goals for 2017. Her motivation to excel in school stems from her desire to serve her community and make her family proud. Zita also hopes to get her driver's license and improve in swimming!
- Nov 25, 2016 - When asked what she's thankful for, Zita said the sense of family she has found in These Numbers Have Faces. The love and care from her fellow scholars brings her joy!
- Oct 30, 2016 - Zita's role model is Rwanda's President Paul Kagame. His leadership style and decision-making process are traits Zita hopes to embody as a young leader in her country!
- Oct 1, 2016 - Zita is all about her studies. In fact, in high school, she was voted by her classmates as "Miss Brain!"
H. & T. Hooper - Portland, OR
C. & J. Bene - Vancouver, WA
T. Weber - Coto de Caza, CA
S. & T. Moore - Portland, OR
In honor of L. Hooper
In honor of K. Caldwell
BioZita is from in Kigali, and is the oldest of her three siblings. After her father passed away, Zita’s mom increased her hours as a nurse at the hospital to help provide for her children. Her mother’s work ethic inspired Zita to pursue her education. Studying Computer Engineering, Zita’s vision is be part of the growth of the technology sector in East Africa, improve the living conditions of her community, and be a role model to other girls in Rwanda.
Outside of the classroom, Zita is part of Interact Club, where she practices public speaking, is a volunteer at the Kigali Genocide Memorial, and enjoys sports like jogging and swimming.