- May 25, 2017 - Something Yvonne wishes more people knew about Rwanda is that it's a place of peace and love.
- March 28, 2017 - When asked about the 3 things she values most, Yvonne said God, helping others and education!
- Feb 13, 2017 - What empowers Yvonne the most is knowing there are people who believe in her potential to be a future leader in her community.
- Jan 17, 2017 - Life isn't without challenges. Last year, a challenge Yvonne faced was struggling with a hard course load. Even though things were difficult, Yvonne learned the importance of asking for help -- how brave and strong that is.
- Dec 8, 2016 - Yvonne is excited to be graduating in summer 2017! Her goals this year are to work hard in her classes, and improve her English and computer skills.
- Nov 20, 2016 - When asked about what she's thankful for, Yvonne said the love of God, and the support of her These Numbers Have Faces family!
- June 30, 2016 - Yvonne just finished her 3rd year at University! This summer she will be back at home in Gihembe Refugee Camp, helping her family by preparing meals and tutoring her younger brothers and sisters.
- April 20, 2016 - When Yvonne thinks of role model leaders, she pictures Rwandan President Paul Kagame. What she admires about Kagame is how he has united the country and helped to develop the fastest growing economy in the world.
- March 11, 2016 - When asked about her new goals for term, Yvonne said she wants to study her hardest to score her highest marks yet! With her focus and work ethic, we know she can achieve this!
- Feb 1, 2016 - Yvonne recently read “Great Controversy” by Ellen White. Yvonne said she learned many important lessons about goodness and sin.
- Jan 21, 2016 - Yvonne's Community Impact Project is working with patients at a local hospital, advising them on treatment and care once they return home!
- Dec 17, 2015 - What was Yvonne's happiest moment of the semester? Starting her third year at University and knowing that all her tuition fees were covered by her These Numbers Have Faces Leadership Loan!
- Oct 15, 2015 - How many languages does Yvonne speak? 4! Kinyarwanda, Swahili, French and English!
- STUDENT QUOTE - When talking about the women of Gihembe Refugee Camp (where Yvonne lives with her family), she said, "We want to be strong women. We want to overcome."
- April 28, 2015 - Yvonne said the happiest moment of her life was when she was accepted as a These Numbers Have Faces scholar! We're so excited to have you as part of the family!
- March 2, 2015 - For Yvonne's Community Impact Project, she plans to help take care hospital patients by providing them with basic nursing care!
- Dec 3, 2014 - Yvonne said one of the highlights of her school year was when the These Numbers Have Faces team visited Rwanda!
- Oct 27, 2014 - Yyonne helps serve women in Gihembe Refugee Camp by teaching them how to manage small businesses with little income. Yvonne is already having an impact in her community with the skills she is learning in university!
C. Putman - St. Helena, CA
Wenglar family - Austin, TX