- May 25, 2017 - Something Samantha wishes more people knew about Rwanda is that they have the best avocados in the world!
- March 28, 2017 - When asked about the 3 things she values most, Samantha said honesty, family and friendship!
- Feb 13, 2017 - The things that make Samantha feel most empowered are prayers, kindness, learning, love, observation and achievements.
- Jan 17, 2017 - Life isn't without challenges. Last year, a challenge Samantha faced was finding balance in a busy schedule. From this, she learned to prioritize, focus, and not worry about what the future may hold.
- Dec 8, 2016 - Samantha hopes the word that defines her 2017 is JOY! This coming year, she will graduate with a Bachelor's Degree, and also plans to get baptized!
- Nov 20, 2016 - When asked about what she's thankful for, Samantha said the people in her life who inspire her to be more positive!
- Oct 14, 2016 - Some of the highlights of Samantha's summer in the US included traveling to Galveston to see the ocean for the first time and learning how to design civil and structural plans with new innovations in technology and engineering!
- June 30, 2016 - Samantha is one month into her civil engineering internship in Austin, and her skills and confidence have already grown so much! Highlights so far? Getting her own hard hat and being out in the construction field!
- BIG NEWS! Samantha is coming to Austin, TX for a summer internship at Aspen Heights! Read the story of Samantha's internship to learn more about her journey.
- April 20, 2016 - When Samantha thinks of role model leaders, she pictures Rwandan President Paul Kagame. What she admires about Kagame is that he makes decisions based on the good of the country, instead of his own gain.
- March 11, 2016 - When asked about her new goals for term, Samantha said she wants to study hard to score her highest marks yet at University!
- Feb 1, 2016 - Samantha recently read “How to Think and Grow Rich,” by Napoleon Hill. She enjoyed how many tangible examples she could take away and apply to her own life!
- Jan 20, 2016 - For Samantha's Community Impact Project, she is volunteering her time to teach youth in her community about public speaking and interview skills!
- Dec 17, 2015 - What was Samantha's happiest moment of the semester? Starting the school year and realizing she was halfway through university! We are so excited to watch Samantha achieve her goal!
- Oct 15, 2015 - How many languarwanda and English!ages does Samantha speak? 3! Kinyarwanda, French and English!
G. Talabay - McKinney, TX
Aspen Heights - Clemson, SC
Aspen Heights - Auburn, AL
Aspen Heights - Fresno, CA
Aspen Heights - College Station, TX
Aspen Heights - Harrisonburg, VA
Aspen Heights - Albany, NY
Aspen Heights - Charlotte, NC
Aspen Heights - Corpus Christi, TX
Aspen Heights - Columbia, MO
Aspen Heights - Ames, IA
BioSamantha has three siblings and the sole provider of the family is her father, who works as a journalist. When Samantha started at University, she was amazed by the amount of freedom students had. Samantha said that being part of These Numbers Have Faces has surrounded her with encouragement to live out her vision for her life: to further develop Rwanda's economy as a civil engineer.
Outside of University classes, Samantha volunteers teaching French, helping students with interview skills, and babysitting her adorable baby niece.