- Feb 13, 2017 - Patience feels most empowered when she is giving -- for her, to make someone happy, or to help someone in need, makes her feel strong.
- Jan 17, 2017 - Life isn't without challenges. Last year, a challenge Patience faced was having many projects in a short amount of time. While the workload was hard, at first, she has learned how to better manage her time in all she does!
- Oct 14, 2016 - Patience spent her summer in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia for an IT internship! In addition to learning practical skills that will Patience in her career, she also learned that she can work through challenges of living in a new place!
- June 30, 2016 - Patience just finished her 3rd year at University. This summer she will split her time between helping her mother at home, and an IT internship!
- April 20, 2016 - When Patience thinks of role model leaders, she pictures Rwandan President Paul Kagame. What Patience admires most about Kagame is how he has shaped Rwanda to be the world’s fastest developing economy!
- March 11, 2016 - When asked about her new goals for term, Patience said she wants to get perfect scores in her public speaking competitions, and increase her marks in all her classes at University!
- Feb 1, 2016 - Patience recently read “Cry of an Accident” by Jane Kansiime, a story about a woman who struggles with taking care of her family, amidst health complications. From this story, Patience learned about strength!
- Jan 21, 2016 - Patience's Community Impact Project is teaching public speaking to students at a local school in Butare. Patience has a passion for speech & debate, and we're thankful she's sharing those valuable skills with others!
- Dec 17, 2015 - What was Patience's happiest moment of the semester? Well, there are a few! Every Wednesday Patience attends Toastmasters Club, where she learns about public speaking. Patience is such a skilled speaker!
- Oct 15, 2015 - How many languages does Patience speak? 5! English, Kinyarwanda, French and two local languages from Uganda!
- Oct 10, 2015 - Patience is part of her university's debate team. Recently, she was on Rwandan national television debating the issue of alcoholism amongst youth! We are so thankful that Patience stands up to use her voice!
- April 8, 2015 - Patience says she can't express how happy she is about her grades for last semester! Patience is very diligent about her computer engineering classes and her hard work is showing great results!
- March 2, 2015 - When Patience is stressed, she likes to listen to music, or go to a quiet place and pray. What a healthy and beautiful way to bring peace into your life, Patience!
- Jan 5, 2015 - For Christmas, Patience said that a tradition is gathering with her grandparents from Uganda and spending the holiday together. Patience would like to ask for prayers for her grandmother, as she is sick.
- Dec 1, 2014 - When the National University of Rwanda moved it's main campus to a new town, the transition was difficult for Patience. However, in her new surroundings, she is trying new things, like debate club!
- Oct 27, 2014 - Last year Patience did volunteer work with women who have HIV/AIDS, teaching them different ways to market the products they make. Through her service, Patience learned how circumstances can't limit your dreams.
R. & S. Hoppes - Beaverton, Ore.
N. Haima - Tigard, Ore. B. Rodrigues - Mill City, CA.
Wenglar family - Austin, TX
BioGrowing up with six siblings and raised by a single mother, Patience's family struggled to make ends meet. While her mother couldn’t afford to send Patience to University, Patience never lost hope. When she was accepted as a These Numbers Have Faces scholar, her family rejoiced! With a passion for programming, Patience has chosen to studying computer engineering and one day hopes to become a software engineer.
Outside of University classes, Patience is part of several ministries within her church, is heavily involved with her school’s Speech & Debate Club, and volunteers teaching public speaking to youth in her community!