- May 25, 2017 - Something Pascaline wishes more people knew about Rwanda is how the people are determined to work hard for the growth of their country and families.
- March 28, 2017 - When asked about the 3 things she values most, Pascaline said God, her parents and friends, and opportunities!
- Feb 13, 2017 - Pascaline says she feels most empowered when she's helping people to feel that they're important in their community -- helping them to realize the potential and abilities they have.
- Jan 17, 2017 - Life isn't without challenges. Last year, a challenge Pascaline faced was balancing a busy schedule. From this, she learned how to prioritize, and to make each second count!
- Dec 8, 2016 - 2017 is a big year for Pascaline! Not only will she graduate with her Bachelor's Degree, she also hopes to have a data analysis internship, and volunteer at her high school to help prepare the students to life at University.
- Nov 20, 2016 - When asked about what she's thankful for, Pascaline said the love, encouragement and skills she has learned through TNHF, like leadership and financial literacy!
- Oct 14, 2016 - Some of the highlights of Pascaline's summer were an IT internships at the Rwanda Revenue Authority, and attending a workshop on Model UN where she learned about speech and debate skills!
- June 30, 2016 - Pascaline just finished her 3rd year at University! To kick off the summer, she was the manager for the first online debate for deaf and mute in Rwanda. We’re grateful Pascaline is helping to give a voice to those who're overlooked!
- April 20, 2016 - When Pascaline thinks of role model leaders, she pictures Nelson Mandela. What she admires most about Mandela is how he never lost focus on creating a culture of peace and equality in South Africa.
- March 4, 2016 - When asked about her new goals for the term, Pascaline said she wants to pass all her classes with at least an 85%. We are confident she will succeed!
- Jan 20, 2016 - Pascaline's Community Impact Project is teaching public speaking skills to students at a local school in Butare! Pascaline is such a talented speaker, and we're thankful she's using her talents to help the next generation of leaders!
- Dec 28, 2015 - What was a highlight of Pascaline's year? Gathering with her parish to spend time in prayer!
- Nov 10, 2015 - In October, Pascaline was invited to be a judge at the National Female Debate Competition! Pascaline is used to being one of the debate contestants, but this time she got to help officiate the event! We are so proud of her!
- Oct 15, 2015 - How many languages does Pascaline speak? 3! English, Kinyarwanda and French!
- STUDENT QUOTE- "Rwanda is a country full of opportunities. Girls and women especially are empowered to their best level. If they can feel able, they will make it."
- April 8, 2015 - Pascaline said she scored higher than 80 percent on her last semester grades. What a huge success! Congrats, Pascaline!
- March 30, 2015 - For Pascaline's Community Impact Project, she is volunteering at youth centers to teach children public speaking and financial literacy!
- March 2, 2015 - When Pascaline feels stressed, what brings her peace is talking with close friends, prayer, and reading quotes by men and women who inspire her.
- Feb 16, 2015 - Pascaline is studying engineering, but she is also passionate about public speaking. She and a few of her classmates won a debate competition for young entrepreneurs in Rwanda! Yeah, Pascaline!
- Jan 5, 2015 - A tradition in Pascaline's community is gathering together at the parish to pray and then talk about their new goals for the year. What a great tradition!
- Dec 12, 2014 -Pascaline said that she learned new concepts during the financial literacy training led by Beata, our Program Manager in South Africa. This was her first THNF training and she said she made many new friends, too!
R. Gallagher - Portland, Ore.
E. Gallagher - Manzanita, Ore.
BioPascaline grew up in the Nyarugenge district of Kigali. She chose to major in Computer Science because it was a subject most of her classmates feared - but she was ready for the challenge! Seeing the growing importance of Computer Science in lifting up her community, Pascaline hopes to become a software developer.
Outside of University classes, Pascaline is very involved in Speech & Debate. She has represented Rwanda at African-wide debate competitions, served as a judge at Rwandan debate events, and also volunteers with organizations that teach public speaking to children who don't attend school. “In my life, I have a strong wish of helping people to know and understand their voice,” Pascaline said. “I plan to continue volunteering in secondary schools, and one day I hope to become a University lecturer.”