OUR GOAL: A CIRCLE OF SUPPORTERS GIVING $300/MONTH OR $3600 FOR THE YEAR
TUMBA COLLEGE OF TECHNOLOGY
Electronics & Telecommunications Engineering
GRAD DATE: July 2020
- November 19, 2018 – Olivier wants to be known as a technological engineer who introduced an industry revolution for ethical technology. He is hopeful that this will be his most successful semester yet!
- July 7, 2018 – Olivier’s biggest challenge this last school year was a big project as part his final exam from a new teacher. He worked really hard, and even had a 20 hour day, but was able to prepare himself for the assignment and exam! This summer, he is looking forward to spending time with his parents and friends! He is also hoping to get an internship to further develop his skills in engineering.
- May 12, 2018 – Olivier values helping others and following God, because through help from others and his faith in God he has stayed on a positive path in life.
- March 25, 2018 – When Olivier was younger, he wanted to be a doctor because that is what his parents encouraged him to pursue so he could take care of others. In five years, he hopes to be a top engineer with his own electrical engineering company!
- Feb 27, 2018 – Olivier got the nickname Copango, because his younger brother couldn’t pronounce his name very well so that is what he called him. The person who inspires Olivier the most is his father, because he is a very caring and loving father!
- Jan 25, 2018 – Olivier said the most interesting thing he has read recently that he just couldn’t put down was the These Numbers Have Face’s Leadership Guide. His favorite part was Esther Mbabazi’s story!
- Dec 18, 2017 – Olivier says that Christmas is a holiday that most Rwandans celebrate, and they usually eat meals that have meat, rice and peas. Olivier thinks that his friends would describe him as “humble” because he always tries his best do live a humble life.
- Oct 8, 2017 – One of the best moments of Olivier’s summer was when he got accepted into the These Numbers Have Faces leadership program! Another memorable moment for Olivier was when he got his driver’s license. He is excited about starting his second year at university.
Olivier G’S CIRCLE
- G. & J. Richmond – Portland, OR
Born into a family and community devastated by the 1994 Rwandan Genocide, Olivier’s family lived day-to-day working towards healing, and each day Olivier sees further evidence of reconciliation and cooperation in his village.
With nine children in school, and a mother who is very ill, Olivier’s father works as hard as possible to reap the best harvest to pay for school fees. The family’s dedication to education is evident by the sacrifices they have made for each of their kids.
To continue a lifelong passion for technology and robotics, Olivier is excited to pursue a degree in Electronics and Telecommunication. He will be a vital part of his developing city, and dreams of bringing efficiency, technology, and jobs to his neighbors.