- March 28, 2017 - When asked about the 3 things he values most, Modeste said his mom, friendship and supporting others, and his health!
- Feb 13, 2017 - "When I give service to someone in need, I feel empowered. My education makes me feel empowered. When someone congratulate me when I perform better, I feel empowered." - Modeste
- Jan 17, 2017 - Life isn't without challenges. Last year, a challenge Modeste faced was sticking to his plan for better time management. After seeing the consequences of straying from his plan, he is ready to hold himself accountable this year!
- Dec 8, 2016 - In 2017 Modeste has big goals -- he plans to improve on his marks at University, lead more impact projects in his community, and build upon a business plan with fellow refugees in the Gihembe camp!
- Nov 20, 2016 - When asked about what he's thankful for, Modeste said being part of a community who believes in his purpose.
- Oct 14, 2016 - Some of the highlights of Modeste's summer were teaching leadership skills to youth in the camp. Modeste says it makes him so encouraged to see youth in the camp curious about University and becoming the leaders their community needs
- June 30, 2016 - Modeste just finished his 2nd year at University! This summer he will return home to Gihembe Refugee Camp and plans to organize a youth seminar on how education and service can transform your life. So cool!
- April 20, 2016 - When Modeste thinks of role model leaders, he pictures Rwandan President Paul Kagame. What Modeste admires most about Kagame is how he has worked to unite the country -- for Rwanda to be known as a country of peace.
- March 11, 2016 - When asked about his new goals for term, Modeste said he wants to focus on time management, and get 80 or 90% in all his University classes. We believe this young man can do anything he sets his mind to!
- Feb 9, 2016 - Modeste recently read "Hours of Rebels." The biggest lesson he took away was that there will be struggles, but from them can come success!
- Jan 21, 2016 - Modeste's Community Impact Project is teaching leadership and psychology to students who have been through severe trauma. We're so grateful that Modeste is helping these children with their healing, and encouraging them, as well!
- Dec 17, 2015 - We are so proud of Modeste! This year he will be serving as one of two Student Representatives for our Rwanda program! Read his interview here!
- Oct 15, 2015 - How many languages does Modeste speak? 5! English, Kinyarwanda, Swahili, Lingala and French!
- April 8, 2015 - When Modeste feels stressed, he says he does his best to slow down, think and pray, so that he won't rush into decisions. Such a great quality of a good leader!
- STUDENT QUOTE - "The happiest moment in my life was when I received a call telling me that I was admitted by These Numbers Have Faces. I jumped aloft and called my mother to praise the Lord for I am a lucky boy."
- March 2, 2015 - For Modeste's Community Impact Project, he plans to take what he has learned from the TNHF Leadership Trainings and share lessons on finance, leadership & education with his community in Gihembe!
- Jan 5, 2015 - A tradition Modeste has with his family is to come together to do traditional African dance! Traditions like this help to de-stress from exams and projects.
- Dec 1, 2014 - Modeste is deep into his coursework and says that he's really enjoying statistics and math! Modeste feels his program is helping him learn how to help build up his community in positive ways.
- Nov 10, 2014 - Modeste said he originally wanted to study journalism and was skeptical when he was placed in the social science program, instead. To his surprise, it's the perfect fit! "I am now happier than ever before."
A. Rauch - Bradenton, FL
E. & V. Falck - Sarasota, FL
G. & K. Rauch - Sarasota, FL
H. Matthews - Austin, TX
C. Forster - Portland, OR