- May 25, 2017 - Something Mick wishes more people knew about Rwanda is how it's so beautiful -- "The Land of a Thousand Hills."
- March 28, 2017 - When asked about the 3 things he values most, Mick said believing in God, hard work and relationships!
- Feb 13, 2017 - Mick feels empowered when others take the time to teach him lessons like how to dream big, interview, and set goals for his future!
- Jan 17, 2017 - Life isn't without challenges. Last year, a challenge Mick faced was continuing with his studies while struggling with his health. From this, he learned the importance of his faith, and taking care of himself.
- Dec 28, 2016 - In 2017 Mick hopes to spend time helping his sisters prepare for their National Leaving Exams. He also wants to develop a deeper relationship with God!
- Dec 8, 2016 - Mick's role model is the Headmaster from his high school! Mick admires the way he is responsible, approachable, and how he brings about positive change!
- Oct 14, 2016 - Mick had a busy summer! In addition to service projects, he helped teach science to high school students!
BioFrom childhood, Mick was perceptive of factors that made his community an unhealthy environment -- pollution due to deforestation and coal use, diseases that took countless lives, and an uneven distribution of resources amongst his neighbors. While most of his peers became hopeless, Mick’s circumstances fueled his desire to become a doctor and leader in his community. His vision is to eradicate poverty in Rwanda, help support his family of 11, and fund the education of his younger siblings so they can live out their dreams, too.
Outside the classroom, Mick enjoys playing soccer and is a member of his church choir!