OUR GOAL: A CIRCLE OF SUPPORTERS GIVING $300/MONTH OR $3600 FOR THE YEAR
ADVENTIST UNIVERSITY OF CENTRAL AFRICA
CAREER: Geography Teacher
GRAD DATE: Aug 2019
- July 7, 2018 – Last semester, Michael was nervous that he wasn’t going to pass one of his classes. However, he was able to overcome his fear by studying with classmates and working hard, and he passed his class! This summer, he is looking forward to working in his summer internship!
- May 12, 2018 – The two things Michael values the most are people and family, because through their support and encouragement you can impact other and change the world!
- March 25, 2018 – When Michael was younger, he hoped to pastor a church one day because he admired how trusted and sympathetic towards others they were. In five years, he sees himself as a high school teacher working on his Master’s degree!
- Feb 27, 2018 – Michael said Justin Zoradi initiating a program to invest in young Africa leaders is what inspires him the most!
- Jan 25, 2018 – A book that Michael read recently was 95 Theses on Righteousness by Faith. It was an interesting read for him because it helped to explain what Christianity is.
- Dec 15, 2017 – Christmas is a reminder to Michael of Jesus’ birth, he says Rwandans celebrate Christmas by buying special outfits and eating special meals. Michael also enjoys decorating the Christmas tree! Michael says his friends would describe him as “optimistic” because he is always positive and hopeful about the future!
- Nov 11, 2017 – Michael is thankful to be a These Numbers Have Faces scholar, and the ways the donors invest in the Africa’s next generation. He loves the reminder during the Christmas season of the gift of Jesus’ birth, and celebrates it.
- Oct 8, 2017 – When asked how he spent his Summer Holiday, Michael told us he served God through his church!
- May 25, 2017 – Something Michael wishes more people knew about Rwanda is how it has become a strong and self-reliant country after the 1994 Rwandan Genocide.
- March 27, 2017 – When asked about the 3 things he values most, Michael said his life, teamwork and love!
- Feb 13, 2017 – Things that empower Michael are team work and living in harmony with others!
- Jan 17, 2017 – Life isn’t without challenges. Last year Michael struggled with a difficult course load. Having confidence to believe in his potential, he learned, was key to keeping positive!
- Dec 8, 2016 – Michael is motivated to have a powerful 2017. His plans are to focus on his studies, explore new opportunities, and figure out more ways to serve his community!
- Nov 20, 2016 – When asked about what he’s thankful for, Michael said his faith. God’s protection and provision gives him reason to be thankful every day!
- Oct 14, 2016 – This summer, while Michael was home in the Gihembe Camp, he enjoyed spending time talking with his family and elders about how he can better prepare for his future.
- June 30, 2016 – Michael just finished his 1st year at University! Outside of school, one of his greatest passions is sharing with youth in Kiziba Refugee Camp about drug and alcohol addiction. Michael hopes he can make a difference in his generatio
- April 20, 2016 – When Michael thinks of role model leaders, he pictures Rwandan President Paul Kagame. What he admires about Kagame is how he’s worked so hard to unite the country after the 1994 Genocide.
- March 4, 2016 – When asked about his new goals for term, Michael said he wants to reflect on any mistakes he made last term and figure out how he can improve. His hope is to increase his scores in all his courses at University!
- Feb 1, 2016 – Michael enjoys reading the Bible! His favorite verse is Isaiah 44:1, “He who made you, who formed you in the womb, will help you.”
- Jan 21, 2016 – For Michael’s Community Impact Project, he is making bricks to build a school in Kiziba Refugee Camp! Michael’s work is going to allow even more students in the camp to receive an education!
- Dec 28, 2015 – What was the highlight of Michael’s year? When he passed his first University courses with high performance marks! Go, Michael!
- Nov 8, 2015 – How many languages does Michael speak? 3! Kinyarwanda, French and English!
Kingdom Hope – Normandy Park, WA
Michael was born in DR Congo, but soon after he and his family were forced to flee their home and seek refuge in Rwanda. With eight children, Michael’s parents tried to help them receive an education, but they soon became hopeless in the refugee camp. Michael has always believed higher education could help him build a brighter future for Africa. Now that he is a university student, he is determined to succeed. After graduation, Michael hopes to become a high school teacher and pursue a masters degree!
Michael was born in DR Congo, but soon after he and his family were forced to flee their home and seek refuge in Rwanda. With eight children, Michael’s parents tried to help them receive an education, but they soon became hopeless in the refugee camp.
Michael has always believed higher education could help him build a brighter future for Africa. Now that he is a university student, he is determined to succeed. After graduation, Michael hopes to become a high school teacher and pursue a masters degree!