- May 25, 2017 - Something Michael wishes more people knew about Rwanda is how it has become a strong and self-reliant country after the 1994 Rwandan Genocide.
- March 27, 2017 - When asked about the 3 things he values most, Michael said his life, teamwork and love!
- Feb 13, 2017 - Things that empower Michael are team work and living in harmony with others!
- Jan 17, 2017 - Life isn't without challenges. Last year Michael struggled with a difficult course load. Having confidence to believe in his potential, he learned, was key to keeping positive!
- Dec 8, 2016 - Michael is motivated to have a powerful 2017. His plans are to focus on his studies, explore new opportunities, and figure out more ways to serve his community!
- Nov 20, 2016 - When asked about what he's thankful for, Michael said his faith. God's protection and provision gives him reason to be thankful every day!
- Oct 14, 2016 - This summer, while Michael was home in the Gihembe Camp, he enjoyed spending time talking with his family and elders about how he can better prepare for his future.
- June 30, 2016 - Michael just finished his 1st year at University! Outside of school, one of his greatest passions is sharing with youth in Kiziba Refugee Camp about drug and alcohol addiction. Michael hopes he can make a difference in his generatio
- April 20, 2016 - When Michael thinks of role model leaders, he pictures Rwandan President Paul Kagame. What he admires about Kagame is how he’s worked so hard to unite the country after the 1994 Genocide.
- March 4, 2016 - When asked about his new goals for term, Michael said he wants to reflect on any mistakes he made last term and figure out how he can improve. His hope is to increase his scores in all his courses at University!
- Feb 1, 2016 - Michael enjoys reading the Bible! His favorite verse is Isaiah 44:1, “He who made you, who formed you in the womb, will help you.”
- Jan 21, 2016 - For Michael's Community Impact Project, he is making bricks to build a school in Kiziba Refugee Camp! Michael's work is going to allow even more students in the camp to receive an education!
- Dec 28, 2015 - What was the highlight of Michael's year? When he passed his first University courses with high performance marks! Go, Michael!
- Nov 8, 2015 - How many languages does Michael speak? 3! Kinyarwanda, French and English!
BioMichael was born in DR Congo, but soon after he and his family were forced to flee their home and seek refuge in Rwanda. With eight children, Michael’s parents tried to help them receive an education, but they soon became hopeless in the refugee camp. Michael has always believed that higher education could help him build a brighter future for Africa, and now that he is a University student, he is determined to succeed. Michael’s vision is to become an entrepreneur, starting businesses that will employ and empower his community.
Outside of class, Michael helps lead the Children’s Ministry at his church, is a member of the English Club at the community library, and is a founder of an anti drug & alcohol group in the refugee camp.