- May 25, 2017 - Something Maseruka wishes more people knew about D.R. Congo is that even though the country has faced chaos and insecurities, the young generation has hope that one day, they'll overcome!
- March 27, 2017 - When asked about the 3 things he values most, Maseruka said his life, his time and friendship!
- Feb 13, 2017 - Maseruka feels empowered when he remembers how the hard work he is doing today will one day lead him to be a hero in his community.
- Jan 17, 2017 - Life isn't without challenges. Last year Maseruka struggled with adjusting to the teaching styles of new professors. From this, he learned patience and how to adapt in new teaching situations!
- Dec 8, 2016 - In 2017 Maseruka is excited to think about his future. He plans to network with experienced pharmacists to better prepare himself for his career!
- Nov 20, 2016 - When asked about what he's thankful for, Maseruka said all those who have invested in his future, and that of his fellows These Numbers Have Faces scholars! Their belief in him inspires Maseruka to work hard and persevere.
- Oct 16, 2016 - This summer Maseruka spent time visiting with his family and researching ways he can serve his neighbors for his Community Impact Project!
- June 30, 2016 - At a recent parent’s meeting in Kiziba Refugee Camp, Maseruka’s mom shared how proud she is of her son and his enduring hope to live out his vision. His mom has raised him to be a young man with such integrity!
- April 20, 2016 - When Maseruka thinks of role model leaders, he pictures Rwandan President Paul Kagame. What he admires about Kagame is his work ethic and influence in Rwanda’s rising economy.
- March 4, 2016 - When asked about his new goals for term, Maseruka said he wants to do more research for his classes than he did in previous terms, and continue to improve his scores at University!
- Feb 1, 2016 - Maseruka recently read a book on biological science! What he found fascinating was how the body reacts to internal and external stimulus. Maseruka is definitely passionate about what he studies!
- Jan 21, 2016 - For Maseruka's Community Impact Project, he is making bricks to build a school in Kiziba Refugee Camp! Maseruka's work is going to allow even more students in the camp to receive an education!
- Dec 28, 2015 - One of the highlights of Maseruka's year was the These Numbers Have Faces retreat to Bugesera! We're so glad he had fun connecting with his fellow scholars, and we're grateful Maseruka is part of our program!
- Nov 3, 2015 - How many languages does Maseruka speak? 4! Kinyarwanda, English, French and Swahili!
J. Chang - Marina del Rey, CA.
BioSince he was a small child, Maseurka has dreamed of becoming a doctor. Raised by a single mother in Kiziba Refugee Camp, where they fled to due to violence in DRC, Maseurka is the oldest of his five siblings and will be the first to attend university. Life in a refugee camp, where disease spreads quickly and many young women become pregnant, has inspired Maseurka to study medicine. His vision is to serve his community as a doctor, and become involved in medical administration to help further health education in refugee camps.
Outside of classes at University, Maseurka is a member of his school's Anti AIDS club! He also helps organize events for his church.