- March 28, 2017 - When asked about the 3 things she values most, Marie Gisele said God, time and her community!
- Feb 13, 2017 - "My empowerment comes from the support of my family and those in These Numbers Have Faces. I feel confident in who I am because of their encouragement and motivation to set my goals high." - Marie Gisele
- Jan 17, 2017 - Life isn't without challenges. Last year, Marise Gisele was challenged by the increased workload from high school to University. Asking for advice from friends & perseverance reminder her how hard work is important to success.
- Dec 8, 2016 - Marie Gisele is looking forward to 2017. Her goals are to practice public speaking so that she will become more confident when speaking in front of others. She also hopes to make more friends, and develop her spiritual life.
- Nov 20, 2016 - When asked about what she's thankful for, Marie Gisele said being part of a family in These Numbers Have Faces!
- Oct 14, 2016 - Marie Gisele could not have finished high school on a higher note. She got a perfect score on her National Exam! We're so grateful she is part of our TNHF family!
K. Kilberg - Portland, OR
B. & J. Grimes - Longboat Key, FL
K. Concannon - Portland, OR
M. Knight - Portland, OR
L. Concannon - Portland, OR
C. Richards - Portland, OR
BioMarie-Gisele was born in a village in western Rwanda, the daughter of two teachers who lived a simple, peaceful life. When she turned 2, the Rwandan Genocide forced her family to flee to neighboring DR Congo, where, for many years they lived in refugee camps. At one point, Marie-Gisele and her younger sister became separated from their family, and raised themselves in the rainforests. Even though they were living in a helpless situation, she still had hope of one day returning to Rwanda and going to school. 12 years later, she did. She was even reunited with her mother and older sister!
Highly motivated, Marie-Gisele poured herself into her studies and went on to receive one of the top scores on her National High School Exam. Fueled by her past and the history of her country, her vision is to become a doctor and leader in her community, to help ensure that future generations will not have to endure the challenges she faced.
Outside the classroom, Marie enjoys making art and jewelry, and has been part of entrepreneurship and environmental clubs!