- March 27, 2017 - When asked about the 3 things she values most, Magnifique said God, her family and friends, and her education!
- Feb 13, 2017 - Regardless of how chaotic the world is, or how many challenges she faces, what always empowers Magnifique is knowing that she's loved by God, that how God's love is unchanging.
- Jan 17, 2017 - Life isn't without challenges. Last year Magnifique struggled with sickness in hear family. While it was a great responsibility to bear, she learned the power of faith and keeping a positive mindset.
- Dec 8, 2016 - Magnifique is entering 2017 will powerful goals -- to improve her grades, to develop relationships with her professors, and to develop a deeper walk in her faith!
- Nov 20, 2016 - When asked about what she's thankful for, Magnifique said the support of the These Numbers Have Faces community, who have taught her how to lead with a servant's heart.
- Oct 14, 2016 - A highlight of Magnifique's summer was attending the African Youth Leadership Forum Conference in DR Congo where she learned about the importance of leading with integrity and justice!
- June 30, 2016 - Magnifique just finished her 1st year at University! On a recent visit home, her older sister shared about the sacrifices they family has made to support Magnifique’s education, but how it has been so worth it. Seeing the belief her
- April 20, 2016 - During the Aspen Heights team visit to Rwanda, Magnifique said she learned a lot from the team’s leadership training. Their presentations inspired her to better love her classmates, and someday, her coworkers!
- March 4, 2016 - When asked about her new goals for term, Magnifique said she wants to improve her marks in all her courses, and to dedicate more time to prayer!
- Feb 1, 2016 - Magnifique enjoys reading the Bible! Her favorite verse is Jeremiah 33:3, “Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.”
- Jan 21, 2016 - Magnifique's Community Impact Project is working with youth in Gihembe Refugee Camp to help decrease violence, drug use and prostitution. Magnifique hopes to inspire youth to live in a way that is healthy and honoring to them!
- STUDENT QUOTE - "In the real world, good leaders do not just tell others what to do; they show it. I believe that stepping up for change begins at a seat in classroom. Education and passion are the only ways anyone can change the world."
- Nov 2, 2015 - How many languages does Magnifique speak? 3! Kinyarwanda, English and Swahili!
A. Sumner - San Francisco, CA
B. Owen - Happy Valley, OR
J. Bunting - Atlanta, GA
R & B Davidson - Orem, UT
K. Schulze - Seattle, WA
BioMagnifique has grown up in Gihembe Refugee camp in Rwanda, where she and her family fled to due to violence in DRC. The pillar of the family and Magnifique’s role model has been her older sister, who supports the family as a janitor at the refugee camp hospital. After witnessing the effects of poverty in her community, Magnifique believes she can create positive impact through entrepreneurship. With a Marketing Degree, her vision is to become a business leader and strengthen Rwanda’s economy.
Outside of class, Magnifique is the treasurer and secretary of her University's Environment & Sanitation Club. She also helps organize events at her church!