- May 25, 2017 - Something Lillianne wishes more people knew about Rwanda is that since the 1994 Genocide, Rwandans have developed a strong culture of loving and respecting each other.
- March 28, 2017 - When asked about the 3 things she values most, Lillianne said kindness, integrity and collaborating with others!
- Feb 13, 2017 - Lillianne feels most empowered when she hears the testimony of those who have overcome obstacles, for it reminds her that everything is possible!
- Jan 17, 2017 - Life isn't without challenges. Last year, a challenge Lillianne faced was when her mother got sick and she was unsure who would take care of her. Thankfully her younger brother was able to help, and their mother is now well!
- Dec 8, 2016 - In 2017 Lillianne is excited about doing her Community Impact Project in January, and excelling in her medical courses, which will be in preparation for the second part of her medical program!
- Nov 20, 2016 - When asked about what she's thankful for, Lillianne said the opportunity to study medicine at University, which years ago seemed like a distant dream. Now, it's a reality!
- April 20, 2016 - When Lillianne thinks of role model leaders, she pictures Rwanda’s First Lady Janet Kagame. What Lillianne admires most about Jannet Kagame is how she advocates for women to pursue their education.
- March 11, 2016 - When asked about her new goals for term, Lillianne said she wants to study her hardest to score her highest marks yet at University. With her work ethic, we know she can achieve this!
- Feb 1, 2016 - Lillianne enjoys reading the Bible, and likes to use a Bible study guide. One of the greatest lessons she has learned is how every moment of life on earth is precious.
- Jan 20, 2016 - Lillianne's Community Impact Project is teaching secondary students about reproductive health. In addition to teaching, Lillianne is also doing advocacy work to increase emphasis on reproductive health in school curriculum!
- Dec 17, 2015 - What was Lillianne's happiest moment from the semester? When a choir from Tanzania came to sing at her school! And guess what? Lillianne is also part of the first TNHF choir! This girl can sing!
- Oct 15, 2015 - How many languages does Lillianne speak? 2! English and Kinyarwanda!
- April 8, 2015 - Lillianne is always looking for ways to improve in her studies. Even when passing her classes, she says she is developing new strategies for studying and setting goals to keep her motivated. Way to go, Lillianne!
- March 9, 2015 - Lillianne says the happiest moment of her life was when she finished at the top of her class at her primary school. She said she didn't know she could experience such happiness! So excited for the JOY of her university graduation!
- March 2, 2015 - When Lillianne feels stressed, she likes to go to a quiet place and sing. Such a beautiful way to find peace, Lillianne!
- STUDENT QUOTE - "I came across this verse in the bible says 'A cheerful heart is good medicine but a crushed spilt dries up the bones.' - Proverb 17:22. It encouraged me so much."
Z. Sheely - Leemore, Calif.