- May 25, 2017 - Something Liliane wishes more people knew about Rwanda is that it's called "The Land of a Thousand Hills," lush and green.
- March 28, 2017 - When asked about the 3 things she values most, Liliane said teamwork, respect and prayer!
- Feb 13, 2017 - The two things that makes Liliane feel most empowered are when she achieves her goals and when she is able to help someone in need!
- Jan 17, 2017 - Life isn't without challenges. Last year, a challenge Liliane faced was her summer internship. While it took time to adjust, she learned how to interact with new people in a new environment!
- June 30, 2016 - Liliane just finished her 2nd year at University! This summer she will do an accounting internship, and in her free time she plans to help her younger siblings with their studies. What a role model!
- April 20, 2016 - When Liliane thinks of role model leaders, she pictures Rwandan President Paul Kagame. What she admires about Kagame is how he works to find effective and efficient solutions to the problems his people face.
- Feb 1, 2016 - Liliane recently read “Rhapsody of Realities” by Pastor Chris Oyakhilome of Nigeria! The lessons she took away were the importance of self confidence and how to make good decisions.
- Jan 21, 2016 - Liliane's Community Impact Project is teaching street youth how to read and write. We're so thankful Liliane is volunteering her time to teach children who would not otherwise receive an education!
- Dec 29, 2015 - What was the happiest moment of Liliane's year? When she spent 40 days in prayer!
- Nov 8, 2015 - How many languages does Liliane speak? 3! Kinyarwanda, English and French!
BioLiliane is a young woman who is passionate about healing her community through peace and reconciliation. After losing her parents in the 1994 Rwandan Genocide, Liliane saw how poverty crippled her surviving family members and neighbors. Since her parents’ deaths, Liliane’s older brother and his wife have been the sole providers of their family. Despite the hardships Liliane has faced, she has never lost sight of her dream to attend University. Her vision is to start her own business, help support her family, and contribute to the rise of Rwanda’s economy. We are confident Liliane will have an impact in her country!
Outside of classes at University, Liliane is also a prayer leader at her church!