- Feb 13, 2017 - What makes Laurence feel empowered is being part of a family in These Numbers Have Faces where she is surrounded by people who help her in daily life and to have a brighter future.
- Jan 17, 2017 - Life isn't without challenges. Last year Laurence had a loaded schedule. With classes from morning until night, it was challenging, but she learned a lot about time management!
- Dec 8, 2016 - In 2017 Laurence wants to align her goals with her vision to become a good leader. Her goals are to improve her marks in her classes, and pay close attention to her behaviors as to become a more compassionate leader!
- Nov 20, 2016 - When asked about what she's thankful for, Laurence said all those who have supported so that she could study at University. Their advice, sacrifices and encouragement are anchors of her strength.
- June 30, 2016 - Laurence just finished her 1st year at University! This summer she’ll be back home in Gihembe Refugee Camp where she plans to educate students about HIV/Aids prevention, help her family with housework, and read a book from our Leade
- April 20, 2016 - When Laurence thinks of role model leaders, she pictures Nelson Mandela. What she admires most about Mandela was his commitment to peace, even when there was great opposition.
- March 4, 2016 - When asked about her new goals for term, Laurence said she wants to work even harder to continue to improve her scores at University. We believe she can achieve that goal!
- Feb 1, 2016 - Laurence enjoys reading her These Numbers Have Faces Leadership Guide! Her favorite section so far has been on creating a vision.
- Jan 21, 2016 - Laurence's Community Impact Project is working with youth in Gihembe Refugee Camp to help decrease violence, drug use and prostitution. Laurence hopes to inspire youth to live in a way that is healthy and honoring to them!
- Dec 28, 2015 -The highlight of Laurence's year was her first day at University! It has been Laurence's dream to continue her education, and her first day of school reminded her that nothing is impossible!
- Oct 28, 2015 - How many languages does Laurence speak? 3! Kinyarwanda, French and English!
A & J Salyer - Salem, OR