- Nov 11, 2017 - Jolie is thankful for the way she has continued to grow and develop herself this year, she is also thankful for her family and that they get to enter a new year together! She loves being able to spend christmas time with her family.
- Oct 8, 2017 - This summer, Jolie completed an internship with a local construction company. She is excited to start her fourth year of her Architecture program and is committed to working hard!
- March 28, 2017 - When asked about the 3 things she values most, Jolie said people, knowledge and advice from others, and empowering young women!
- Feb 13, 2017 - Jolie feels most empowered when she sets goals and achieves them!
- Jan 17, 2017 - Life isn't without challenges. Last year, a challenge Jolie faced was realizing how hard work & dedication require sacrifice. From this, Jolie learned her biggest values are working hard & being focused, for they are keys to success.
- Dec 8, 2015 - 2017 is a big year for Jolie! To work toward her dream of starting her own architecture company, she will be applying to get jobs with firms in Kigali to help develop her skills and experiences!
- Nov 20, 2015 - When asked about what she's thankful for, Jolie said her relationship with God, the support of TNHF, and her dad, who is more than a hero to her!
- Oct 14, 2015 - Jolie learned a great deal in the last year. Facing your challenges, instead of running from them builds strength. Jolie's words of wisdom? "Determination helps to achieve anything you want to achieve."
- July 20, 2015 - This summer Jolie has an internship with an engineering firm in Rwanda! She'll be using software to help with construction projects in the Eastern Province. We're so excited she's getting such great real-world experience!
- April 8, 2015 - Jolie has a class project to design a lodge! While Jolie's goal is to design affordable housing, projects like these help her learn about techniques and styles she enjoys!
- March 30, 2015 - When Jolie is stressed, she says she likes to listen to music, dance or play sports with her friends. What great ways to de-stress!
- March 2, 2015 - Jolie's Community Impact Project is teaching people about water harvesting. Her hope is that increased knowledge and awareness about clean water will improve their quality of life!
- Jan 5, 2015 - A tradition in Jolie's family is that all her relatives come to her home to celebrate the Christmas holiday. Jolie says it's a lot of fun to have everyone together, preparing meals and catching up!
D. Dereiko & B. Concannon - Portland, OR
M. Concannon - Portland, OR