- Feb 13, 2017 - The things that makes Jessica feel most empowered are succeeding in class, and spending time with her family who surrounded her with love and encouragement.
- Jan 17, 2017 - Life isn't without challenges. Last year, a challenge Jessica faced was falling ill and having to stay at the hospital. During that time, Jessica learned the importance of friends, who stood by her side when she was at her weakest.
- Nov 20, 2016 - When asked about what she's thankful for, Jessica said her education, family, friend and safety. She's grateful for the chance to grow in a positive environment in TNHF!
- June 30, 2016 - Jessica just finished her 3rd year at University! A highlight from her year? Her internship with the Rwandan Agricultural Board! This summer she is looking for opportunities to volunteer so prepare for her final year at college.
- April 20, 2016 - When Jessica thinks of role model leaders, she pictures Rwanda’s First Lady, Janet Kagame. What Jessica admires most about Jannet Kagame is how she encourages other women to work hard and be the leaders their country needs.
- Feb 1, 2016 - Jessica enjoys reading books by Nigerian Pastor Chris Oyakhilome. One of the best take-aways Jessica learned was that happiness is a personal choice, and we must keep choosing it throughout the day.
- Jan 20, 2016 - Jessica's Community Impact Project is volunteering at a local hospital. Jessica helps with bringing meals to patients, giving them words of encouragement and praying for them!
- Dec 17, 2015 - What was Jessica's happiest moment of the year? Her sister's wedding! Jessica said she was honored and surprised that several of her fellow scholars and TNHF staff were in attendance on this special day!
- Oct 15, 2015 - How many languages does Jessica speak? 5! English, Kinyarwanda, Swahili, Ruganda and Runyakore!
- April 28, 2015 - Jessica said the happiest moment of her life was when she received a laptop from Rwanda's First Lady as a gift for her performance on her Senior Six results!
- April 8, 2015 - Jessica received her grades for last semester and she is so happy with the results! Jessica believes there is always room for improvement, however, so she is motivated to keep working harder and setting new goals. Way to go,Jessica!
- March 2, 2015 - When Jessica is stressed, she likes to match movies, or take a shower and rest. Such great ways to find peace, Jessica!
- Jan 5, 2015 - Jessica said that a tradition her family is gathering together to reflect on the past year and then set new goals together. What a great tradition!
- Jessica's Holiday Message - "We thank you Lord for how far you have brought us since this year began until today. You did not let us down even for a single second. Thank you for the gift of life."
- Nov 15, 2014 - Jessica is studying hard in her farm management course and is also looking for a Community Impact Project to invest her time in. Jessica desires to help those in need and is praying about where she can best serve her community.
- Oct 15, 2014 - Jessica was recently elected by her peers to be one of the student representatives for TNHF in Rwanda! She'll help lead group projects and speak to high school students about TNHF. Read more here!
T. Smith - Portland, Ore.
R. Simms - Vancouver, Wash.
G. & S. Rauch - Longboat Key, Fla.
J. Gordon - Portland, Ore.