- Feb 13, 2017 - Jeannine feels empowered when she sets goals and achieves them. Maintaining integrity, regardless of the situation also makes her feel strong!
- Jan 17, 2017 - Life isn't without challenges. Last year Jeannine struggled with her English, as she has taken classes in French. With hard work and persistence, she is gaining more confidence and understanding more!
- Dec 28, 2016 - Jeannine is grateful to have had made it with success in 2016! As a new year begins, she plans to study harder and to spend time getting to know her fellow These Numbers scholars!
- Dec 8, 2016 - Jeannine's role model is Rwanda's President Paul Kagame. His leadership style and push towards peace are traits she hopes to emulate.
- Nov 20, 2016 - When asked about what she's thankful for, Jeannine said being part of a family through These Numbers Have Faces. Continuing her education reminds her that she has a purpose!
S. Van Loon - Portland, OR
BioGrowing up in a refugee camp, Jeannine experienced first-hand how challenging it can be to live in a big community. Even though life was really difficult, she maintained a positive attitude and had a full understanding that education is the key to a brighter future. As well as her Nursing degree, Jeannine is ready to excel in social knowledge so she is equipped to change her community medically, as well as economically. Jeannine already knows she is a dynamic leader, ready to forge a path of success, and healing.
Outside of the classroom, Jeannine is a volunteer Biology teacher!