- March 27, 2017 - When asked about the 3 things he values most, Jean Pavel said family values, loyalty and commitment!
- Feb 27, 2017 - Last month, Jean Pavel took part in a Global Health Conference in his home country, Burundi! He was so inspired by the trainings that he's working to bring a chapter of the course to his campus in Rwanda!
- Feb 13, 2017 - Jean Pavel says he feels most empowered when he is helping those in need.
- Jan 17, 2017 - Life isn't without challenges. Last year Jean Pavel was unsure how he would afford University, but then he was accepted into TNHF! He learned that God will provide.
- Dec 28, 2016 - In 2017 Jean Pavel is focused on studying harder to improve his marks in all his classes. He is determined and ready to work hard and succeed!
- Dec 8, 2016 - Jean Pavel's role model is a Burmese politician, Aung San Suu Kyi. Jean Pavel admires her leadership style and ambitions for peace for her people.
- Nov 20, 2016 - When asked about what he's thankful for, Jean Pavel said he is grateful for the support of These Numbers Have Faces, who he says has helped him become a better leader and a better man.
- Oct 14, 2016 - When Jean Pavel went home to visit his family in Burundi, he was discouraged to find the country unstable. Even if it was hard, he was thankful for the time to be home.
BioJean Pavel was born in a rural village in Burundi. Due to ethnic discrimination, his childhood was not “fun and games.” Instead, he was often singled out amongst other children in his community, and violent attacks were part of daily life. Inspired by his mother’s work as a teacher and activist, Jean Pavel grew up knowing education is a gift -- one that gives him the ability to improve his community. With a medical degree, Jean Pavel’s vision is to become a doctor to treat disease and help spread education in disease prevention.
Outside the classroom, Jean Pavel is the vice captain of his school’s basketball team, a member of several student medical groups, and the president of his church’s medical society!