OUR GOAL: A CIRCLE OF SUPPORTERS GIVING $300/MONTH OR $3600 FOR THE YEAR
NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF RWANDA
GRAD DATE: Aug 2019
- July 7, 2018 – Ines said this last school year went faster than she expected, and the most challenging part was fitting all of her studying in, in what felt like a short period of time. However, she was able to join study groups which really helped her to understand her classes better and share ideas with one another! This summer, she is looking for an internship that will help further her along in her career, helping her to learn new skills and help her to grow!
- May 12, 2018 – Ines values happiness and prayer because they are essential things that help people in life.
- March 25, 2018 – When Ines was younger, she always wanted to be someone important when she grew up, because she thought if you were important to someone that meant you helped them in some way! In five years, she sees herself having completed her master’s degree in health economics and be inspiring other young women to believe in themselves!
- Feb 27, 2018 – Ines’ biggest inspiration is her mother because she continues to teach her to do the rights things at the right time!
- Jan 25, 2018 – Ines recently read, The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho. From this book, Ines learnedthat where your heart is, that is where you will find your treasure, so to listen to your heart but to also be careful.
- Dec 18, 2017 – Ines says that for Christmas families prepare their favorite meals that usually include some type of meat, and they buy new clothes for everyone to wear! The word Ines believes her friends would describe her as is “priceless” because a priceless friend is one who is kind and there for others and that is who she is.
- Nov 11, 2017 – This holiday season Gerald is thankful for his mother’s health, he is also thankful to be moving to the next year of university! He loves spending his Christmas holiday at home, visiting neighbors and practicing video making!
- Oct 8, 2017 – This summer Ines had the opportunity to attend the Youth Connect Summit, which was a great experience and she was able to meet other young leaders. She is excited to go back to school and has set a goal for herself to get an 80% in her classes this year.
- May 25, 2017 – What word would Ines’ friends use to describe her? “Paramount!” Ines wants to be a positive influence in this world!
- March 28, 2017 – When asked about the 3 things she values most, Ines said her family, happiness and working hard!
- Feb 13, 2017 – Ines feels most empowered when she hears the life stories and wisdom from positive people!
- Jan 17, 2017 – Life isn’t without challenges. Last year, a challenge Ines faced was transferring campuses. While is was hard to start life in a new community, through the support from her friends, she learned the importance of keeping positive!
- Dec 8, 2016 – Ines has a lot to look forward to in 2017. She is motivated to study hard in her classes, and is preparing to get her driver’s license!
- Oct 14, 2016 – The highlight of Ines’ summer? When she learned she was accepted as a These Numbers Have Faces scholar! Ines has already volunteered at our Accelerate Academy. She truly models servant-hearted leadership!
- M. O’Donel – Portland, OR
- D. & K. Zoradi – Vancouver, WA
- T. & C. Wenglar – Austin, TX
Ines is wise beyond her years. Her wisdom stems from a strong family of six and she is thankful to have been raised with her family as a guiding force. She is excited about university, where she will dive deep into economics, but also hone in her critical thinking skills to find efficient ways to better her family, community, and country. After graduation, she hopes to continue her education and get her master’s degree in Health Economics and be an inspiration to the next generation. Ines is bursting with confidence and is ready to make a difference!
Ines is wise beyond her years. Her wisdom stems from a strong family of six and she is thankful to have been raised with her family as a guiding force. She is excited about university, where she will dive deep into economics, but also hone in her critical thinking skills to find efficient ways to better her family, community, and country.
After graduation, she hopes to continue her education and get her master’s degree in Health Economics and be an inspiration to the next generation. Ines is bursting with confidence and is ready to make a difference!