- May 25, 2017 - Something Gerard wishes more people knew about Rwanda is that it's a rapidly developing country.
- March 28, 2017 - When asked about the 3 things he values most, Gerard said listening to others, fulfilling his responsibilities and his family!
- Feb 13, 2017 - Things that empower Gerard are having the resources to live a healthy life, to know people who care for him, and to be part of a community like These Numbers Have Faces.
- Jan 17, 2017 - Life isn't without challenges. Last year, Gerard saw a lot of loss in his community. While painful, these losses reminded him the importance of living every day like it's your last. What an important and hard lesson!
- Dec 8, 2016 - As 2017 approaches, Gerard is motivated to keep working hard in his medical courses and improve in his English. He also plans to become more involved in health-related activities in his community!
- Oct 14, 2016 - Some of the highlights of Gerard's summer were tutoring his classmates, and his internship at a local hospital where he worked with patients recovering from disease!
BioGerard is from a rural village where most of his classmates dropped out of school at an early age to help their parents with farming. After watching so many of his neighbors suffer from preventable diseases, and learning about the lack of medical experts in Rwanda, Gerard knew his vision was to become a doctor. Through leading workshops on disease prevention and family planning, Gerard is determined to fight poverty in his community, and be a role model to youth in Rwanda.
Outside the classroom, Gerard serves as a national officer of a student medical association!