- March 27, 2017 - When asked about the 3 things he values most, Gasore said the Bible, worship and education!
- Feb 13, 2017 - Something that empowers Gasore is when he sees the way These Numbers Have Faces cares for him and his fellow scholars. Knowing that people believe in their potential motivates him to keep going.
- Jan 17, 2017 - Life isn't without challenges. Last year was Gasore's first year at University! Being in a new environment and adjusting to a new schedule took time, but now he knows how he can adapt to new situations!
- Dec 8, 2016 - Gasore's role model is Nelson Mandela! His fight of democracy, freedom and human rights is an inspiration to him as a leader.
- Nov 20, 2016 - When asked about what he's thankful for, Gasore said the opportunity to attend University. Continuing his studies anchors his hope for his future!
- Oct 14, 2016 - This summer Gasore visited a power plant where he learned about hydro-electric power!
In honor of Marvin Van Horne - Portland, OR
J. Robins - San Antonio, TX
B. Hood - Portland, OR
C. Wark - Portland, OR
C. Maxwell - Venice, CA
BioGasore was born in the D.R. Congo, and when he was young, his family of 10 fled to safety to a refugee camp in Rwanda. As a small boy, he realized that if he wanted an education, he would have to work very hard. In his words, living in the camp and acquiring an education, was "a myth.” Gasore, however, beat the odds, completed secondary school, and developed a drive and passion for higher education. With a degree in Civil Engineering, he will be equipped for developing, employing and leading his community. His story is proof that it’s possible to rise up, and be a catalyst for change!
Gasore also volunteers and teaches at Hope School in Gihembe Refugee Camp and loves to sing!