- March 27, 2016 - When asked about the 3 things he values most, Gad said his family, education and business!
- Feb 13, 2016 - Gad says he feels most empowered when people's actions show that they care about him and his community.
- Nov 20, 2016 - When asked about what he's thankful for, Gad said those who have placed their hope in him, for it is empowering him to live out his vision!
- June 30, 2016 - Gad just finished his 1st year at University! This summer he is returning home to Gihembe Refugee Camp where he will be helping his mother with household activities, and helping her start a bank account! Gad is excited to teach his
- April 20, 2016 - When Gad thinks of role model leaders, he pictures Mahatma Ghandi. What he admires most about Gandhi was his leadership and commitment to peace.
- March 4, 2016 - When asked about his new goals for term, Gad said he wants to study harder in order to improve his scores at University. We believe he can achieve this goal!
- Feb 1, 2016 - Gad enjoys reading the Bible! His favorite verse is Isaiah 44:1, “He who made you, who formed you in the womb, will help you.”
- Dec 28, 2015 - For Gad's Community Impact Project, he's teaching Math and English to students in Gihembe Refugee Camp. We're so thankful Gad is using his free time to invest in others!
- Nov 8, 2015 - How many languages does Gad speak? 3! Kinyarwanda, French and English!
M. & V. Zoradi - Mission Viejo - CA
Palmer Family - Grand Rapids, MI -
J. Robins - San Antonio, TX
BioGad has big dreams: to promote democratic leadership in Africa and continue to develop a culture of peace. Through his education, he believes he can have an impact! Gad was still a young child when he and his family fled from violence in their home in DR Congo. Growing up in Gihembe Refugee Camp, Gad saw how poor health and a lack of jobs can lead to a sense of hopelessness. Now that he is a University student, Gad’s vision is to one day become a teacher and support his family, who have suffered since the loss of their father and oldest brother.
Outside of his classes, Gad sings in the choir at his church, is the vice president of his school’s Anti-Drug Club, and enjoys playing basketball!