OUR GOAL: A CIRCLE OF SUPPORTERS GIVING $300/MONTH OR $3600 FOR THE YEAR
NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF RWANDA
GRAD DATE: Aug 2020
- November 19, 2018 – Faustin wants to be known as a person who honored God in all aspects of his life! This semester, Faustin hopes to excel academically and speak for Christ!
- July 7, 2018 – This summer, there are two things Faustin is looking forward to. The first, is attending a conference on the great commission called Conference of Mission in the countries of great lakes in Africa (Rwanda, Burundi and DR Congo), and the second is his internship!
- May 12, 2018 – The two things Faustin values the most are honesty and being responsible, because they are the key to success.
- March 25, 2018 – When Faustin was younger, he wanted to be a doctor because he dreamt of bringing hope to the hopeless through medicine! In five years, he hopes to be fulfilling this dream as a medical specialist who is working in the community and experience people’s health improve firsthand!
- Feb 27, 2018 – Faustin said most people call him Kayina, which comes from his family name Kayinamura! The person who inspires Faustin the most is the Apostle Paul, because he lived selflessly due to the joy he found serving the Lord!
- Jan 25, 2018 – Faustin recently read The Seven Last Words of Jesus Christ. He said the part that was the most interesting part was when it helped show him the humanity of Jesus.
- Dec 15, 2017 – On Christmas Faustin and his family have specific outfits they were to church, and they also have special meals they share together! Faustin says his friends would describe him as “inspirational” because of the way he motivates and speaks to people.
- Nov 11, 2017 – Faustin is thankful for the God’s grace, and that he is now in level three medicine because of the support from These Numbers Have Faces. He loves to remember that Jesus died for our sins, and Faustin celebrates his birth(Christmas).
- Oct 8,2017 – This summer Faustin went to Mission Exposure in Kenya to a place called Olturot, this was a very memorable experience for him. Faustin is looking forward to meeting all of the new students in the program.
- May 25, 2017 – Something Faustin wishes more people knew about Rwanda is how positive and reconciled most Rwandans are, regardless of what happened during the Genocide.
- March 27, 2017 – When asked about the 3 things he values most, Faustin said Jesus Christ, sharing the Gospel with others, and his parents!
- Feb 13, 2017 – What makes Faustin feel empowered are moments when he sees fruit born from an idea he helped realize, and moments when people support his suggestions!
- Jan 17, 2017 – Life isn’t without challenges. Last year Faustin struggled with learning the different lecture styles of his professors. In the end, adapting the new learning styles is something that will help him for years to come!
- Dec 8, 2016 – Faustin believes that “to whom much is given, much is expected.” Those words are setting him up for 2017 with a heart of service — he hopes to go on a medical mission to Kenya, and continue to find ways to serve his community!
- Nov 20, 2016 – When asked about what he’s thankful for, Faustin said the supporters and staff of These Numbers Have Faces, who have shaped his life and faith!
- Oct 14, 2016 – A highlight of Faustin’s summer was attending the African Youth Leadership Forum Conference in DR Congo where he learned about the importance of leading with integrity and justice!
- June 30, 2016 – Faustin just finished his 1st year at medical school! This summer he will return home to Gihembe Refugee Camp to help his family with things like collecting water, cutting wood, and preparing meals. When he gathers with friends, he
- Feb 1, 2016 – Faustin enjoys reading the Bible! He says the words of the Bible provide him with a foundation for how he wants to live his life.
- Jan 20, 2016 – Faustin’s Community Impact Project is teaching secondary students about reproductive health. In addition to teaching, Faustin is also doing advocacy work to increase emphasis on reproductive health in school curriculum!
- Dec 15, 2015 – Faustin lives by these words: “To whom much is given, much is expected.”
- Dec 1, 2015 – For Fautin’s Community Impact Project, he will be teaching reproductive health to secondary school students in the Southern Province of Rwanda!
- Nov 8, 2015 – How many languages does Faustin speak? 3! Kinyarwanda, English and French!
R. Biornstad – Palmer, AK
Faustin was born in DR Congo, but grew up in Gihembe Refugee Camp in Rwanda due to conflicts in his country. As one of seven children, Faustin has been an example to his siblings by choosing the path of education instead of becoming hopeless, as he had seen happen to so many of the people in Gihembe. Hearing statistics about the great number of people who give up on their dreams due to poor health, Faustin decided to commit his life to becoming a doctor. Faustin’s goal is to be part of the solution to the poor standard of living in refugee camps, bringing hope to the hopeless!
Faustin was born in DR Congo, but grew up in Gihembe Refugee Camp in Rwanda due to conflicts in his country. As one of seven children, Faustin has been an example to his siblings by choosing the path of education instead of becoming hopeless, as he had seen happen to so many of the people in Gihembe.
Hearing statistics about the great number of people who give up on their dreams due to poor health, Faustin decided to commit his life to becoming a doctor. Faustin’s goal is to be part of the solution to the poor standard of living in refugee camps, bringing hope to the hopeless!