- March 27, 2017 - When asked about the 3 things he values most, Faustin said Jesus Christ, sharing the Gospel with others, and his parents!
- Feb 13, 2017 - What makes Faustin feel empowered are moments when he sees fruit born from an idea he helped realize, and moments when people support his suggestions!
- Jan 17, 2017 - Life isn't without challenges. Last year Faustin struggled with learning the different lecture styles of his professors. In the end, adapting the new learning styles is something that will help him for years to come!
- Dec 8, 2016 - Faustin believes that "to whom much is given, much is expected." Those words are setting him up for 2017 with a heart of service -- he hopes to go on a medical mission to Kenya, and continue to find ways to serve his community!
- Nov 20, 2016 - When asked about what he's thankful for, Faustin said the supporters and staff of These Numbers Have Faces, who have shaped his life and faith!
- Oct 14, 2016 - A highlight of Faustin's summer was attending the African Youth Leadership Forum Conference in DR Congo where he learned about the importance of leading with integrity and justice!
- June 30, 2016 - Faustin just finished his 1st year at medical school! This summer he will return home to Gihembe Refugee Camp to help his family with things like collecting water, cutting wood, and preparing meals. When he gathers with friends, he
- Feb 1, 2016 - Faustin enjoys reading the Bible! He says the words of the Bible provide him with a foundation for how he wants to live his life.
- Jan 20, 2016 - Faustin's Community Impact Project is teaching secondary students about reproductive health. In addition to teaching, Faustin is also doing advocacy work to increase emphasis on reproductive health in school curriculum!
- Dec 15, 2015 - Faustin lives by these words: "To whom much is given, much is expected."
- Dec 1, 2015 - For Fautin's Community Impact Project, he will be teaching reproductive health to secondary school students in the Southern Province of Rwanda!
- Nov 8, 2015 - How many languages does Faustin speak? 3! Kinyarwanda, English and French!
R. Biornstad - Palmer, AK
BioFaustin was born in DRC but grew up in Gihembe Refugee Camp in Rwanda due to conflicts in their country. As one of seven children, Faustin has been an example to his siblings to chose the path of education, instead of becoming hopeless, like he has seen happen to so many of the people of Gihembe. Hearing statistics about the great number of people who give up on their dreams due to poor health, Faustin decided to commit his life to becoming a doctor. Faustin’s goal is to be part of the solution to the poor standard of living in refugee camps, and bring hope to the hopeless.
Outside of classes at University, Faustin helps prepare high school students from Gihembe for their National Exam!