- Feb 13, 2017 - Things that empower Esther are reading autobiographies and watching TED Talks from influential people. She feels empowered when she expresses herself through her writing, especially poetry!
- Jan 17, 2017 - Life isn't without challenges. Last year, a challenge Esther faced was managing her time. Postponing assignments taught her the value of planning and starting early. Now, Esther has her time table set and feels ready for the new year
- Dec 8, 2016 - In 2017 Esther's goals are to get her driver's license (which she's been studying for), and to create a platform for her writing. Esther is quite the poet!
- Nov 20, 2016 - When asked about what she's thankful for, Esther said a new friend she has made who has shown the importance
- Oct 14, 2016 - Some of the highlights of Esther's summer including helping her younger sister study for her National Exam, and acting as an assistance in her hospital's surgery room! Esther said this summer made her so excited for her career!
- June 30, 2016 - Esther just finished her 2nd year at medical school! This summer she will be volunteering at a health center in her community, getting practice before she starts her hospital clerkship in September!
- April 20, 2016 - When Esther thinks of role model leaders, she pictures Liberian President Ellen Johnson Sirleaf. What Esther admires most about her is how much she has had to overcome and her commitment to help her people rise.
- Feb 9, 2016 - Esther recently read a collection of writings by Maya Angelou! Her favorites were "Phenomenal Woman" and "I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings."
- Jan 21, 2016 - Esther's Community Impact Project is teaching secondary students about reproductive health. In addition to teaching, Esther is also doing advocacy work to increase emphasis on reproductive health in school curriculum!
- Dec 17, 2015 - As the new year is approaching, Esther is making new goals! Her hope is to learn more about her personality so that she may be an effective leader, and how to work with all types of people!
- Oct 15, 2015 - How many languages does Esther speak? 3! English, Kinyarwanda and French!
- April 8, 2015 - When Esther feels stressed, it helps her to think back to all the challenges in her life and realize how God has always been there. Her favorite verse is Hebrews 8:13!
- March 2, 2015 - When Esther has a holiday from school, she says she likes to spend time with family. Whether it's doing household chores, or laughing and watching movies with her cousins, Esther says time with family refreshes her!
- Feb 5, 2015 - For Esther's Community Impact Project, she will be teaching English to students in her hometown, Gikondo!
- Jan 5, 2015 - A tradition in Esther's family is going to church in the morning and then preparing and sharing a meal with their visitors.
- Dec 1, 2014 - While Esther is only at the start of her medicine courses, she has tests on a weekly basis. She studies extremely hard and asks for prayer for her success in her classes!
- Nov 27, 2014 - Why Esther is #THANKFUL4EDUCATION: "“I am thankful for education because […] it opened my mind to new ideas. I can adapt myself to new situations and hence it made me a good decision maker to live a successful life.”
- Nov 10, 2014 - Esther is in her second month at university and says she is deep in her studies! "My optimism is growing strong day and night. This gives me much peace of mind that calms me down and I think of good ways to focus and improve."
The Given family - Costa Mesa, Calif.