- May 25, 2017 - Something Esther wishes more people knew about Rwanda is how it's the smartest country ever!
- March 28, 2017 - When asked about the 3 things she values most, Esther said friendship, family and success!
- Feb 13, 2017 - Esther feels empowered when she is able to stand up for injustices in her society. Those moments remind her she has an important role to play in her community!
- Jan 17, 2017 - Life isn't without challenges. Last year Esther struggled with balancing classes & competitions. With so many responsibilities, she learned the importance of accepting busy seasons in life, instead of being frustrated by them.
- Dec 8, 2016 - Looking back at 2016, Esther saw that she met her goal to get outside her comfort zone by partaking in more events and competitions that involve public speaking. She hopes to improve even more in 2017!
- Nov 20, 2016 - When asked about what she's thankful for, Esther said being part of These Numbers Have Faces, for it has pushed her to do things she wouldn't have done before!
- Oct 14, 2016 - One of the highlights of Esther's summer was spending a week at Akagera National Park where she did field work for her studies!
- June 30, 2016 - Esther just finished her 2nd year at University! At our student-led Leadership Training this month, Esther spoke about the HIV/Aids prevention, a topic that inspired lots of discussion amongst the scholars. We are so proud of Esther
- Feb 1, 2016 - Esther recently read the mystery novel “A Traitor to Memory,” by Elizabeth George. When Esther reads mysteries, she says she can hardly put them down!
- Jan 21, 2016 - Esther's Community Impact Project is working with women to help empower them to become the leaders they were born to be. We are so glad Esther is volunteering her time to do such important work!
- Dec 17, 2015 - What was Esther's happiest moment from the semester? The scholar trip to Lake Kivu! Esther said the trip there made her feel so free and happy. We can't wait for her to enjoy our other events throughout the year!
- Nov 4, 2015 - How many languages does Esther speak? 3! English, Kinyarwanda and French!
- March 2, 2015 - When Esther feels stressed she finds peace in taking a walk. She also finds rainy days calming. Esther proves that there's no such thing as bad weather, only bad attitudes! And her attitude is awesome!
- Jan 5, 2015 - Esther said that a tradition in her family is gathering together to have conversations. They like to joke around with each other, too. Because time together should be fun!
T. & V. Stewart - Grand Terrace, CA