- Feb 13, 2017 - Emmanuel feels empowered during the monthly Leadership Trainings at These Numbers Have Faces when scholars and staff gather to learn, celebrate and encourage each other to be good leaders!
- Jan 17, 2017 - Life isn't without challenges. Last year Emmanuel struggled with a difficult course. At first, he was too shy to ask for help, but when he finally did reach out, he was able to improve! What a great lesson about asking for help!
- Dec 8, 2016 - Looking back at 2016, Emmanuel said the biggest lesson he learned was to dream big. Emmanuel has a big vision, and we pray 2017 will help him prepare to live out his dreams!
- Nov 20, 2016 - When asked about what he's thankful for, Emmanuel said his family, Impact Circle members, and all those who've support him, for their sacrifices are helping him build a positive future.
- Oct 14, 2016 - Emmanuel believe in the potential of his sisters in East Africa. "I see the hope for women in the example of my sister -- my hope is built on how she is fighting against ignorance by studying harder."
- June 30, 2016 - Emmanuel just finished his 1st year of University! Over the summer holiday he will be helping his younger sister with her studies, and assist his dad with making improvements to their home in Gihembe Refugee Camp.
- April 20, 2016 - When Emmanuel thinks of role model leaders, he pictures Rwandan President Paul Kagame. What he admires about Kagame is that he makes decisions based on the good of the country, instead of his own gain.
- March 4, 2016 - When asked about his new goals for term, Emmanuel said he wants to work even harder to continue to improve his scores at University. We believe he can do just that!
- Feb 1, 2016 - Emmanuel recently read a book about study and research methods. The lessons he found most important were the factors that affect learning: motivation and attention!
- Jan 20, 2016 - For Emmanuel's Community Impact Project, he is teaching secondary students in Gihembe Refugee Camp, helping them prepare for their National High School Exam!
- Dec 28, 2015 - The thing Emmanuel enjoyed most about his first term at school was how excited he was by his coursework! With Emmaneul's passion for accounting and education, we can't wait to see how he'll grow in his 4 years at University!
- Nov 8, 2015 - How many languages does Emmanuel speak? 4! Kinyarwanda, Swahili, English and French!
W. Gambill - Longboat Key, FL
BioEmmanuel believes that the one way he can protect his community is through education. When Emmanuel was very young, he and his family escaped violence in their home in DR Congo, and have lived as refugees in Rwanda ever since. Through his classes and relationships at University, Emmanuel hopes he can learn the skills to become a leader in his community. His vision is to start his own business and help teach youth in the refugee camp.
Outside of his classes, Emmanuel is a member of his University’s Anti-Drug Club, and he is also sings in a choir!