OUR GOAL: A CIRCLE OF SUPPORTERS GIVING $350/MONTH OR $4200 FOR THE YEAR
MOUNT KENYA UNIVERSITY
GRAD DATE: Nov 2019
- September 1, 2019 – This Summer, Digne focused on helping her family and wrapping up her studies as she will graduate this Fall!
- May 18, 2019 – The lesson from this semester that will stick with Digne was from one of our monthly leadership trainings. She learned about saving, and that it doesn’t have to be much, but saving a little, slowly by slowly, from everything she earns is what matters.
- February 9, 2019 – When asked to define servant leadership, how that applies to her life now, and her future career, Digne said: “A servant leader is the leader who serves his people without seeing any profit in return. So through leadership training, l have learned a lot about how to serve my community and other people who need help from me. In my future career, I will do my best to be a servant leader who is available to my community so that everyone can ask me any favor.”
- November 19, 2018 – Digne wants to be known as someone who helps others in need. This is her final year of university so she is hoping to get good grades as she finishes her studies!
- July 7, 2018 – Last semester, Digne had a class called, Campaign Planning and Control. She said it was a challenging class for her, but she was able to spend extra time on it, studied with classmates, and worked hard, and passed the class! This summer, she is looking forward to studying for her classes and spending time with her family!
- May 12, 2018 – The two things Digne values most are respect and time managements!
- March 25, 2018 – When Digne was younger, she dreamt of being a journalist because she loved giving people updates, as well as advocating for others! In five years, she hopes to fulfill this dream and be a professional journalist!
- Feb 27, 2018 – Digne said the person who inspires her is Anthony Robbins, the things he said that has stood out to her the most is that the only impossible journey is the one you never begin!
- Jan 25, 2018 – Digne said a book that she couldn’t put down until she finished it was The River Between by Ngugi Wa Thiong’o.
- Dec 15, 2017 – On Christmas Digne enjoys singing songs at church to praise the Lord! Digne says she thinks a word her friends would use to describe her is “servant leader” because she loves serving and helping others.
- Nov 11, 2017 – Digne is thankful for God’s protection for her and her family this year, and for the advice and encouragement she has received from These Numbers Have Faces. She loves being able to spend time with her family during the Christmas.
- Oct 8, 2017 – Digne spent her summer at home, while she was there she had the opportunity to buy shoes for a child who’s parents weren’t able to afford them. Digne said that she is excited to get back to school and see her friends again.
- May 25, 2017 – Something Digne wishes more people knew about Rwanda is how it’s a peaceful country that values gender equality and education for all!
- March 27, 2017 – When asked about the 3 things she values most, Digne said her spiritual life, making decisions and self confidence!
- Feb 13, 2017 – Digne feels empowered when she sets goals, focuses her attention, and achieves success!
- Dec 28, 2016 – Digne learned a lot in 2016. After her first semester at University, she now feels prepared to begin a new year with goals to improve her grades and study habits!
- Dec 8, 2016 – Digne’s role model is Nelson Mandela. His fight for freedom in South Africa through peace and perseverance is an inspiration to her!
- Nov 20, 2016 – When asked about what she’s thankful for, Digne said her sister who has always been there to help take care of her and guide her.
- L. Brunker – Portland, OR
Digne was born in DR Congo, but has grown up in a refugee camp in Rwanda. Her sister is the sole provider for her family of ten, yet through the challenges she has faced, Digne has kept her spirits high. While the world has a negative connotation of refugees, the refugees she knows are strong and resilient. Digne’s goals are to help provide opportunities for her family, while giving back to her neighbors, and creating solutions to major issues, including advocating for vulnerable women and raising awareness about domestic violence. Digne is a strong, dedicated leader who is rising up and changing her community!
Digne was born in DR Congo, but has grown up in a refugee camp in Rwanda. Her sister is the sole provider for her family of ten, yet through the challenges she has faced, Digne has kept her spirits high. While the world has a negative connotation of refugees, the refugees she knows are strong and resilient.
Digne’s goals are to help provide opportunities for her family, while giving back to her neighbors, and creating solutions to major issues, including advocating for vulnerable women and raising awareness about domestic violence. Digne is a strong, dedicated leader who is rising up and changing her community!