- Nov 11, 2017 - This holiday season Didier is thankful to have the support through These Numbers Have Faces to graduate college and have a better future! Didier loves Christmas because it reminds him of God's amazing love for us!
- Oct 8, 2017 - Even though he was busy with his internship this summer, Didier got some time to visit his friends and family specifically his grandmother. He is excited to start his school year and is looking forward to growing spiritually.
- May 25, 2017 - Something Didier wishes more people knew about Rwanda is how Rwandese were able to reconcile and forgive one another after the 1994 Genocide.
- March 28, 2017 - When asked about the 3 things he values most, Didier said family, praying and practicing medicine!
- Feb 13, 2017 - Didier says he feels empowered when he can help make a positive change in someone's life. When he advocated for a patient recently, it made him feel empowered!
- Jan 17, 2017 - Life isn't without challenges. Last year, a challenge Didier faced was during his summer internship at the hospital. At first, the tasks required of him were intimidating, but little by little, he gained more confidence!
- Dec 8, 2016 - In 2017 Didier's goal is to keep working hard in his studies, focusing on his future career as a doctor! Didier also hopes to deepen his faith life and connection with God.
- Nov 20, 2016 - When asked about what he's thankful for, Didier said These Numbers Have Faces, for it has become like his family.
- Oct 14, 2016 - One of the highlights of Didier's summer was attending the African Youth Leadership Forum Conference in DR Congo where he learned about the importance of leading with integrity and justice!
- June 30, 2016 - Didier just completed his 1st year at medical school! This summer he will be doing an internship in his home region, working at a hospital to help him prepare for his future!
- April 20, 2016 - When Didier thinks of role model leaders, he pictures Bill Gates. What Didier admires most about Gates is how he is both creative and compassionate - a good business leader and a philanthropist!
- Feb 9, 2016 - Didier recently read the book "Outliers: The Story of Success," my Malcolm Gladwell! The biggest lessons he took away were on perseverance and leadership!
- Jan 20, 2016 - Didier's Community Impact Project is teaching secondary students about reproductive health. In addition to teaching, Didier is also doing advocacy work to increase emphasis on reproductive health in school curriculum!
- Dec 17, 2015 - As the new year approaches, Didier is already making new goals! Didier hopes to study even harder in his courses and to develop his people and networking skills. Great goals, Didier!
- Nov 5, 2015 - Didier began university as a Pharmacy student, but his dream has always been to become a doctor. After a year of hard work and determination, he approached his professors and they offered him a spot in the Medical School!
- Oct 15, 2015 - How many languages does Didier speak? 3! English, Kinyarwanda and French!
- June 19, 2015 - While Didier is preparing for exams, he's also helping coordinate the African Pharmaceutical Symposium in Rwanda, which draws thousands of attendees. Way to go, Didier!
- STUDENT QUOTE - "I wish that everyone truly knew Rwanda - the good Rwanda. Knowing this comes from knowing our history, our geography and our community. I wish that everyone knew where we were, and who we are, and discovered our potential."
- March 30, 2015 - When Didier is feeling stressed, he says he likes to listen to traditional Roman Catholic music, or spend time with family.
- March 2, 2015 - For Didier's Community Impact Project, he plans to help lead a clinic in April where he will be talking to youth about how to avoid unwanted pregnancies.
- Jan 5, 2015 - A tradition Didier keeps with his friends is coming together to have meaningful conversations. Such an important thing to help strengthen relationships!
- Nov 12, 2014 - Didier says his career dreams are inspired by his mother, who was a nurse, and his passion for medical innovation. "I am talented and I want to contribute my part in the way of fighting against those incurable diseases."
- Nov 10, 2014 - Didier recently participated in an competition offered by the Rwandan Pharmaceutical Student Association. He said he was inspired by the international internship opportunities offered by the association.
S. Tolan - Fredericksburg, TX.