- March 28, 2017 - When asked about the 3 things he values most, Didier said family, praying and practicing medicine!
- Feb 13, 2017 - Didier says he feels empowered when he can help make a positive change in someone's life. When he advocated for a patient recently, it made him feel empowered!
- Jan 17, 2017 - Life isn't without challenges. Last year, a challenge Didier faced was during his summer internship at the hospital. At first, the tasks required of him were intimidating, but little by little, he gained more confidence!
- Dec 8, 2016 - In 2017 Didier's goal is to keep working hard in his studies, focusing on his future career as a doctor! Didier also hopes to deepen his faith life and connection with God.
- Nov 20, 2016 - When asked about what he's thankful for, Didier said These Numbers Have Faces, for it has become like his family.
- Oct 14, 2016 - One of the highlights of Didier's summer was attending the African Youth Leadership Forum Conference in DR Congo where he learned about the importance of leading with integrity and justice!
- June 30, 2016 - Didier just completed his 1st year at medical school! This summer he will be doing an internship in his home region, working at a hospital to help him prepare for his future!
- April 20, 2016 - When Didier thinks of role model leaders, he pictures Bill Gates. What Didier admires most about Gates is how he is both creative and compassionate - a good business leader and a philanthropist!
- Feb 9, 2016 - Didier recently read the book "Outliers: The Story of Success," my Malcolm Gladwell! The biggest lessons he took away were on perseverance and leadership!
- Jan 20, 2016 - Didier's Community Impact Project is teaching secondary students about reproductive health. In addition to teaching, Didier is also doing advocacy work to increase emphasis on reproductive health in school curriculum!
- Dec 17, 2015 - As the new year approaches, Didier is already making new goals! Didier hopes to study even harder in his courses and to develop his people and networking skills. Great goals, Didier!
- Nov 5, 2015 - Didier began university as a Pharmacy student, but his dream has always been to become a doctor. After a year of hard work and determination, he approached his professors and they offered him a spot in the Medical School!
- Oct 15, 2015 - How many languages does Didier speak? 3! English, Kinyarwanda and French!
- June 19, 2015 - While Didier is preparing for exams, he's also helping coordinate the African Pharmaceutical Symposium in Rwanda, which draws thousands of attendees. Way to go, Didier!
- STUDENT QUOTE - "I wish that everyone truly knew Rwanda - the good Rwanda. Knowing this comes from knowing our history, our geography and our community. I wish that everyone knew where we were, and who we are, and discovered our potential."
- March 30, 2015 - When Didier is feeling stressed, he says he likes to listen to traditional Roman Catholic music, or spend time with family.
- March 2, 2015 - For Didier's Community Impact Project, he plans to help lead a clinic in April where he will be talking to youth about how to avoid unwanted pregnancies.
- Jan 5, 2015 - A tradition Didier keeps with his friends is coming together to have meaningful conversations. Such an important thing to help strengthen relationships!
- Nov 12, 2014 - Didier says his career dreams are inspired by his mother, who was a nurse, and his passion for medical innovation. "I am talented and I want to contribute my part in the way of fighting against those incurable diseases."
- Nov 10, 2014 - Didier recently participated in an competition offered by the Rwandan Pharmaceutical Student Association. He said he was inspired by the international internship opportunities offered by the association.
S. Tolan - Fredericksburg, TX.