- Nov 11, 2017 - Devotha is overwhelmed with thankfulness for everyone who has invested in her and made it possible to achieve her dream of attending university! She loves all the Christmas day and New Year celebration events and enjoy with family.
- Oct 8, 2017 - Devotha had a busy summer helping her family with the cultivation. She is excited to go back to school and see her friends again!
- May 25, 2017 - Something Devotha wishes more people knew about Rwanda is how the much communities show their support for one another.
- March 28, 2017 - When asked about the 3 things she values most, Devotha said God, caring for others and These Numbers Have Faces!
- Feb 13, 2017 - The things that make Devotha feel most empowered are having someone to advise her, working with others, achieving her goals and trusting in God!
- Jan 17, 2017 - Life isn't without challenges. Last year, a challenge Devotha faced was trying to find employment, as she is responsible for many things in her family. She learned how to work hard and not forget how her life has a purpose.
- Dec 8, 2016 - Devotha has big plans for 2017. She wants to create a group for helping patients who don't have someone to care for them, AND she wants to start a nursing co-op to help start a medical group!
S. Hall - Cambria Heights, NY
H. Price - Cayucos, CA
BioDevotha is from Rwanda’s Eastern Province and grew up with her mother and two siblings. In her community, it is more common for girls to get pregnant and married, rather than go to school. Experiencing the poverty her family lived in, Devotha was determined to pursue her education in order to change her family’s situation, even if it meant taking the path less traveled.
From an early age, Devotha admired nurses who cared for people and maintained such positive attitudes. These women inspired Devotha to study nursing at University today!
Devotha is the first person in her family to go to University. Her vision is to be an example to other women in Rwanda to show them they can be strong, independent and do the impossible!