- May 25, 2017 - Something Claire wishes more people knew about Rwanda is how it's a very peaceful country.
- March 28, 2017 - When asked about the 3 things she values most, Claire said doing her best, honesty and confidence!
- Feb 13, 2017 - When Claire hears other people's challenges and how they've overcome them, it empowers her to believe that she can also overcome obstacles in her life!
- Jan 17, 2017 - Life isn't without challenges. Last year Claire struggled with her dad's illness. As friends stood beside her, she learned how alone, it's hard to achieve great things, but together, with persistence, every act of love matters.
- Nov 20, 2016 - When asked about what she's thankful for, Claire said being part of These Numbers Have Faces, where she's had the opportunity to grow in her leadership!
- June 30, 2016 - Claire just finished her 2nd year at University! This summer she will return home to help her family with various household tasks, and also tutor her younger siblings to prepare them for the coming school year. What a role model!
- April 20, 2016 - When Claire thinks of role model leaders, she pictures Rwandan President Paul Kagame. What she admires about Kagame is how he encourages entrepreneurship and helps grow Rwanda’s economy.
- March 11 2016 - When asked about her new goals for term, Claire said she wants to focus on her studies to score her highest marks yet at University! We believe she can achieve this!
- Feb 1, 2016 - Claire recently read a book on food cultivation and distribution. With her vision to improve Rwanda’s agriculture industry, this book provided her with great insight and inspiration!
- Jan 21, 2016 - Claire's Community Impact Project is helping people in her community learn how prepare good and nutritious meals, and ultimately lower rates of malnutrition in her village!
- Dec 18, 2015 - What was Claire's happiest moment of the semester? Being accepted as a These Numbers Have Faces Scholar! We are so excited to have Claire as part of our TNHF family!
- Nov 8, 2015 - How many languages does Claire speak? 3! Kinyarwanda, English and French!
N & J Visenberg - Portland, OR
BioClaire grew up in the Southern Province of Rwanda and is one of six children. After seeing the impact malnutrition has had on her country, Claire decided that if she made it to University, her course of study would be Food Science & Technology -- which is what she is doing today! Claire's vision is to improve the quality and safety for the food production industry in Rwanda.
When asked about her favorite quote, Claire said she has held on to these words from her mentor: “Enough food and tools are not principal elements for a journey to end, but with perseverance and persistence, we manage to make it.”