- May 25, 2017 - Something Christian wishes more people knew about Rwanda is that it's a country characterized by freedom, quality education and good leadership!
- March 27, 2017 - When asked about the 3 things he values most, Christian said listening to others, accomplishing his goals, and praising and worshiping God!
- Feb 13, 2017 - What makes Christian feel empowered is living peacefully with others and having many good friends.
- Jan 17, 2017 - Life isn't without challenges. Last year Christian struggled with balancing his classes with his spiritual life, as he had classes on Sundays. Adjusting to a new schedule helped him to find other times to pray and praise God.
- Dec 8, 2016 - The first month of 2017 Christian will be working hard to revise his courses. Christian is motivated to improve his grades in all his classes!
- Nov 20, 2016 - When asked about what he's thankful for, Christian said opportunity - the chance to study at University and work towards his goal of getting a Bachelor's Degree!
- Oct 14, 2016 - While Christian was home this summer he spent time teaching Geography to his younger brothers. He also composed a song for his choir, which he said helped him grow spiritually!
- June 30, 2016 - Christian finished his 1st year at University! This summer he will be back home in Gihembe Refugee Camp where he’ll help his family with tasks like collecting water and cutting wood. He also plans to help tutor his neighbors in
- April 20, 2016 - When Christian thinks of role model leaders, he pictures Patrice Lumumba, former Prime Minister of DR Congo. What he admires most about Lumumba was his work to unite the country before his death.
- March 4, 2016 - When asked about his new goals for term, Christian said he wants to improve his knowledge about geography as it relates to his finance major, and continue to pursue relationships with his classmates and professors!
- Feb 1, 2016 - Christian enjoys reading his These Numbers Have Faces Leadership Guide! One of his favorite lines is an African Proverb: “If you want to go fast go alone, but if you want to reach far go together.”
- Jan 21, 2016 - Christian's Community Impact Project is teaching social science to students in Gihembe Refugee Camp, as well as helping them study for their National High School Exam!
- Nov 8, 2015 - How many languages does Christian speak? Two! Kinyarwanda and English!
B. Agnew - Austin, TX
M. Butler - Burlington, VT
BioChristian is the youngest of ten children in his family. Shortly after he was born, his family was forced to flee their home in Congo due to violence. While he has lived in Gihembe Refugee Camp in Northern Rwanda for nearly 20 years, Christian still maintains hope that one day he will return to his home country. Life in the Refugee Camp has made him realize that the only way to survive and overcome his circumstances is through education. Christian has lost both his parents, but their hard work to provide for their family has inspired him to one day become a leader and bring his community out of poverty. Through his Accounting Degree, his vision is to work with big businesses and help grow a strong economy in East Africa.
Christian is a member of his University’s Tax Club, where he is getting outside experience with the Rwanda Revenue Authority. Outside of classes, he enjoys playing football and is the president of his church’s choir!