OUR GOAL: A CIRCLE OF SUPPORTERS GIVING $350/MONTH OR $4200 FOR THE YEAR
NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF RWANDA
GRAD DATE: Aug 2019
- February 9, 2019 – When asked to define servant leadership, how that applies to his life now, and his future career, Cedric said: “Servant leadership would be defined as a leadership that always values and puts first the interest of the ones who are led. The best example, as a Christian, is Jesus’s leadership. This applies in my daily life as I always remember to not be self-centered in every decision or suggestion I make. I see myself implementing servant leadership in my future career through medical services. I will be delivering by being empathic and compassionate toward my patients and by delivering patient-centered healthcare services.”
- November 19, 2018 – Cedric wants to be known as the most compassionate doctor the world ever seen! This semester he hopes to grow spiritually!
- July 7, 2018 – This last school year, Cedric’s class schedule was very full and he had to squeeze a lot in to get all of his reading and assignments done. He said he was able to finish everything he needed to by staying up a little later and waking up a little earlier, but it all paid off! This summer, he was planning to implement a project that empowers Burundian women living in Mahama refugee camp. Unfortunately, due to the school year being extended until late August, he won’t be able to help with the project but is planning to go visit them soon!
- May 12, 2018 – Cedric values passion and people, which is why he is working towards becoming a doctor so that he can live a life focused on taking care of others.
- March 25, 2018 – When Cedric was younger, he was always fascinated by how doctors are able to diagnose patients’ illnesses, and was passionate about medicine because he loved that it helped save people’s lives! In five years, he sees himself as a doctor specializing in gynecology!
- Feb 27, 2018 – Cedric’s biggest inspiration is Nelson Mandela, because he inspires him to be a great servant leader!
- Jan 25, 2018 – The last book Cedric read was, Basics of Clinical Immunology. Cedric said it was a very interesting book, but the part that was the most fascinating was when it talked about the immune system and the ways that it protects the human body.
- Dec 18, 2017 – For Cedric’s community Christmas is a special day, they get to eat special foods that they don’t usually get such as meat and rice, and people usually buy new clothes! Cedric thinks the word his friends would describe him as is “dependable” because he is responsible and honest, and they can always depend on him!
- Nov 11, 2017 – Cedric spent his summer doing an internship, but also visited his family in Burundi! Cedric is excited to be starting another year at school.
- Oct 8, 2017 – Cedric is excited to start another academic year. Cedric spent his summer doing an internship, but also had the opportunity to go visit his family in Burundi! Cedric is excited to be starting another year at school.
- May 25, 2017 – Something Cedric wishes more people knew about Burundi is that even though it’s a small country, it’s filled with many lovely people.
- March 27, 2017 – When asked about the 3 things he values most, Cedric said honesty, love and friendship!
- Feb 13, 2017 – What makes Cedric feel empowered is when he makes his parents proud by having skills to help others!
- Jan 17, 2017 – Life isn’t without challenges. Last year Cedric worried so much about his family back home in Burundi, fearing for their safety in this time of war. He is learning to draw near to God & place worries in His hands.
- Dec 28, 2016 – Cedric has big goals for 2017. He wants to improve his grades to become one of the top students in his class! He is also looking forward to his clerkship this summer, which will give him more experience in the medical world!
- Dec 8, 2016 – Cedric’s role model is his mother and father, for all their sacrifices to help him reach where he is today.
- Nov 20, 2016 – When asked about what he’s thankful for, Cedric said the gift of life, as he knows many people in his country have lost their lives in recent conflicts. With his life, he is grateful he can dedicate his time to studying medicine!
- Oct 14, 2016 – Cedric had a short summer holiday due to exams, however, when he did visit home, he enjoyed helping his dad in his shop and playing basketball with friends!
- M. Rinker – Austin, TX
Cedric grew up in a diverse community in Burundi with neighbors from DR Congo and Rwanda. Watching their unity, despite their cultural differences, taught him to care for everyone as if they were his family. In the midst of recent conflicts in Burundi, Cedric feels a greater responsibility to succeed, modeling to his eight siblings that you can still have hope in uncertain times. Now studying Medicine in Rwanda, Cedric’s vision is to become a doctor and one day build a hospital in Burundi, ensuring his community has access to health care!
Cedric grew up in a diverse community in Burundi with neighbors from DR Congo and Rwanda. Watching their unity, despite their cultural differences, taught him to care for everyone as if they were his family.
In the midst of recent conflicts in Burundi, Cedric feels a greater responsibility to succeed, modeling to his eight siblings that you can still have hope in uncertain times. Now studying Medicine in Rwanda, Cedric’s vision is to become a doctor and one day build a hospital in Burundi, ensuring his community has access to health care!