- March 27, 2017 - When asked about the 3 things he values most, Cedric said honesty, love and friendship!
- Feb 13, 2017 - What makes Cedric feel empowered is when he makes his parents proud by having skills to help others!
- Jan 17, 2017 - Life isn't without challenges. Last year Cedric worried so much about his family back home in Burundi, fearing for their safety in this time of war. He is learning to draw near to God & place worries in His hands.
- Dec 28, 2016 - Cedric has big goals for 2017. He wants to improve his grades to become one of the top students in his class! He is also looking forward to his clerkship this summer, which will give him more experience in the medical world!
- Dec 8, 2016 - Cedric's role model is his mother and father, for all their sacrifices to help him reach where he is today.
- Nov 20, 2016 - When asked about what he's thankful for, Cedric said the gift of life, as he knows many people in his country have lost their lives in recent conflicts. With his life, he is grateful he can dedicate his time to studying medicine!
- Oct 14, 2016 - Cedric had a short summer holiday due to exams, however, when he did visit home, he enjoyed helping his dad in his shop and playing basketball with friends!
J. Hartung - Portland, OR
BioCedric grew up in a diverse community in Burundi with neighbors from DR Congo and Rwanda. Watching their unity, despite their cultural differences, taught him to care for everyone as if they were his family. In the midst of recent conflicts in Burundi, Cedric feels a greater responsibility to succeed -- modeling to his eight siblings that you can still have hope in uncertain times. Now studying Medicine in Rwanda, Cedric’s vision is to become a doctor and one day build a hospital in Burundi, ensuring his community has access to health care.
Outside the classroom, Cedric is the co-captain of his basketball team, and is a member of an international association of medical students!