- March 28, 2017 - When asked about the 3 things he values most, Benson said respect, relationships and positive recognition!
- Feb 13, 2017 - "I feel empowered when I try to see where I come from and where I am right now. This empowers me to move on and explore every opportunity and advice that I receive." - Benson
- Jan 17, 2017 - Life isn't without challenges. Last year, a challenge Benson faced was realizing the steps he needed to take to live out his dreams. After reaching out for help & advice, he learned the importance of working smarter!
- Dec 8, 2016 - 2017 is a big year for Benson! The last year of his Bachelor's Degree, Benson is set to work hard on his final research project. Benson has also started his own business, which he hopes will grow this year!
- Nov 20, 2016 - When asked about what he's thankful for, Benson said those who believe refugees can be the young leaders their communities need.
- Oct 14, 2016 - Benson has been practicing so much of what he learned this summer during his internship in the US -- from time management, to finance, to thank you etiquette. This summer, He also got to meet his Impact Circle member, Sharad!
- June 30, 2016 - Benson is one month into his accounting internship in Portland, and his skills and confidence have already grown so much! Highlights so far? Working alongside the TMT finance team, learning how to swim, and eating hamburgers.
- BIG NEWS! Benson is coming to Portland, OR for a summer internship at TMT Development! Read the story of Benson's internship to learn more about his journey.
- April 20, 2016 - When Benson thinks of role model leaders, he pictures Nelson Mandela. What Benson admires most about Mandela was how he never lost hope of a peaceful South Africa.
- Feb 1, 2016 - Benson said he often reads through his These Numbers Have Faces Leadership Guide! He especially enjoys the sections on creating your life mission and vision.
- Jan 21, 2016 - Benson's Community Impact Project is working with the Rwanda Revenue Authority to help teach people in rural communities about taxes and finance. We're so thankful Benson is using his skills from University to help educate others!
- Dec 17, 2015 - What was Benson's happiest moment of the semester? The These Numbers Have Faces Christmas Party! Benson is so great at making any event a fun and positive experience. We are so grateful for who he is!
- Oct 15, 2015 - How many languages does Benson speak? 5! English, Kinyarwanda, Swahili, French and Lingala!
- Oct 10, 2015 - Benson recently attended our "start of the school year picnic" for our scholars in Rwanda! He had a great time connecting with his fellow scholars, & welcoming new students to our program.
- April 28, 2015 - Benson said the happiest moment of his life was when he was baptized on June 30, 2007! "I was very happy because it was my first time of receiving and believing in the Word of God."
- March 2, 2015 - For Benson's Community Impact Project, he visited his former high school to teach students about finance & saving for the future. Benson said he used materials from a TNHF finance training to help him lead his workshop. So cool!
- Jan 5, 2015 - A tradition in Benson's family is to gather together to play riddles and do traditional African dances. Spending time with his family is a great way to de-stress after exams!
- Dec 1, 2014 - Benson attended a recent financial literacy training by These Numbers Have Faces. He believes saving money is crucial for a bright future for his peers!
- Oct 22, 2014 - Benson said his goal was to score higher than he did on his first semester exam, and he did just that! Congrats, Benson, on being a rock star in your classes.
S. Vasanth - Marina Del Rey, CA
BioWhile Benson is interested in accounting and hopes to some day work for a large accounting firm, he also loves to talk about much more than numbers. Recently he won a prize for an interview he did with a Rwandan pastor asking the purpose of existence, what made life meaningful. Perhaps it is his background as a Congolese refugee living in Gihembe Refugee Camp that has produced a reflective nature that will serve him well in all his endeavors!
When Benson isn't in class, he's always looking for ways to serve others in his community. Inspired by a financial literacy training by These Numbers Have Faces, he taught the curriculum to 300 students at his former high school! Benson also helped his parents, who live in Gihembe Refugee Camp, start their own online savings accounts.