- Nov 11, 2017 - Aristide is thankful that she not only has her biological family but also his These Numbers Have Faces family that never cease to work together to help change his life! This Christmas he has classes so he will be at school.
- Oct 8, 2017 - Aristide had an awesome summer! He was able to do a short internship. He is excited to see his friends from school, start a new year at school and grow in all aspects of life.
- May 25, 2017 - Something Aristide wishes more people knew about Rwanda is that it's a county that is now united, not divided.
- March 28, 2017 - When asked about the 3 things he values most, Aristide said learning, his community and accountability!
- Feb 13, 2017 - For Aristide, new circumstances he faces, new people he meets, and new places he travels to are experiences that help him grow and feel empowered!
- Jan 17, 2017 - Life isn't without challenges. Last year, Aristide struggled with helping his friends in the village to better plan for their future. From this, Aristide learned that while he can advise someone, it is up to them to take action.
- Nov 20, 2016 - When asked about what he's thankful for, Aristide said being part of These Numbers Have Faces, which has impacted every aspect of his life!
- Oct 14, 2016 - Some of the highlights of Aristide's summer including working on construction sites, and visiting students to help them prepare for their National High School exam. Sounds like his summer was all about knowledge!
- June 30, 2016 - Aristide just finished his 1st year at University! This summer he is volunteering to teach high school students in his community, and plans to visit construction sites in the region to learn more about civil engineering.
- April 20, 2016 - When Aristide thinks of role model leaders, he pictures Nelson Mandela. What he admires most about Mandela was how he never lost his focus on creating a culture of peace and equality in South Africa.
- March 11, 2016 - When asked about his new goals for term, Aristide said he wants to focus on improving his marks, and completing his community impact project. We love watching him pour equal dedication into his studies and service!
- Feb 1, 2016 - Aristide recently read “A Lesson Before Dying” by Ernest Gaines! The biggest lesson he learned was from the perseverance of the main character, who never gave up hope!
- Jan 21, 2016 - Aristide's Community Impact Project is teaching physics, chemistry and math to students at a local high school. We're so thankful that Aristide is able to help students through these challenging subjects!
- Dec 28, 2015 - What was Aristide's happiest day of the semester? His first presentation at university! Aristide's passion for engineering makes him excited to share his research with others!
- Nov 8, 2015 - How many languages does Aristide speak? Three! Kinyarwanda, French and English!
A. Morris - Portland, OR
BioAristide comes from a rural community in Rwanda where most adults didn’t have the opportunity to go to school. While attending University seemed out of reach, Aristide never lost sight of his dream. From an early age, he began to notice the infrastructure needs in his community and throughout the country: roads, bridges and water supply. Seeing how he could greatly impact his home, Aristide has chosen to major in Civil Engineering! His vision is to create a sewage system and bring a clean water supply to his village. Through his example, he hopes to inspire youth in his community to strive for University!
Aristide is a spiritual leader in his church, has volunteered with Red Cross, and is part of a infrastructure club!