- Feb 13, 2017 - Alphonse feels most empowered when he can tell that his family and community have trust in him and show him support.
- Jan 17, 2017 - Life isn't without challenges. Last year, a challenge Alphonse faced was when his aunt, whom he lives with, was diagnosed with asthma. While her struggling was hard to accept, he learned that everything happens for a reason!
- Dec 8, 2016 - In 2017 Alphonse hopes to apply a Master's Degree Program, and learn softwares for water systems modeling designs. Can't believe Alphonse graduates with a Bachelor's degree this summer!
- Nov 20, 2016 - When asked about what he's thankful for, Alphonse said he's grateful to have made it to his final year at University! He's thankful for everyone who has believed he could reach his goal!
- Oct 14, 2016 - One of the highlights of Alphonse's summer was attending the African Youth Leadership Forum Conference in DR Congo where he learned about the importance of leading with integrity and justice!
- June 30, 2016 - Alphonse just finished his 3rd year at University! This summer he is doing an internship in his school’s soil and plant analysis lab where he will be studying the quality of water and soil in his community!
- April 20, 2016 - When Alphonse thinks of role model leaders, he pictures Jean Pierre Nkurunziza, the director of his former high school. What Alphonse admires most about him is how much he cares for his students.
- March 4, 2016 - When asked about his new goals for term, Alphonse said he wants to learn more about architectural coding, and improve his marks in all his classes. We're confident Alphonse can achieve those goals!
- Feb 1, 2016 - Alphonse recently read a biography of Nelson Mandela. The thing that impressed him most was how Mandela’s spirit did not decrease, even when he was in prison!
- Jan 21, 2016 - Alphonse's Community Impact Project is teaching computer skills to students at a local high school. We're thankful Alphonse is passing on the skills he has learned from his classes at University!
- Dec 17, 2015 - What was Alphonse's happiest moment from the last semester? His brother's wedding! Alphonse is grateful to have celebrated this special day with his family!
- Oct 14, 2015 - How many languages does Alphonse speak? 4! English, Kinyarwanda, French and Swahili!
- Oct 10, 2015 - The school year is off to a great start for Alphonse! In the last two weeks, he has been able to connect with his fellow scholars for leadership trainings where they had the chance to share their goals for the term!
- July 20, 2015 - This summer, Alphonse is part of a group of university students who will work to bring clean water supply to villages in Rwanda. We admire how Alphonse is dedicating part of his summer holiday to serve those in need!
- April 8, 2015 - When Alphonse feels stressed, he says he finds relief in music, prayer and talking with friends (some of the best things in life!).
- March 2, 2015 - For Alphonse's Community Impact Project, he went back to his high school, Agahozo school, and helped introduce the students to life in the village, as well as help prepare them for the school year!
- Jan 5, 2015 - This Christmas, Alphonse and his family spent time at church, gathering with neighbors and friends to celebrate the holiday!
- Dec 1, 2014 - It has been a busy season for Alphonse! He is studying for his drivers license and was also elected as a class representative at his university. Go, Alphonse!
- IC MESSAGE - "I'm so excited to partner with you & help you explore the world of water & environmental engineering. I'd love to hear more about your ideas & the projects you think would be beneficial to your community & your country.” - A Questad
- Oct 27, 2014 Alphonse serves his community by teaching basic computer skills to senior-level students at Rusumo secondary school. He believes empowering others through knowledge in fields of technology is crucial for his generation.
A. Questad - Santa Barbara, Calif.
L. Rutledge - Winters, Calif.
M. Glickfield - Malibu, Calif.
K. McGuire - Stillwater, OK