- March 27, 2017 - When asked about the 3 things he values most, Albert said God, his community and time!
- Feb 13, 2017 - Albert says he feels most empowered when he spends time with his friends -- people who build him up and help him to believe in himself!
- Jan 17, 2017 - Life isn't without challenges. Last year Albert's close friend lost his mother. Seeing the family's pain reminded him life is fragile, but we have a heavenly home to look forward to.
- Dec 8, 2016 - Albert is entering 2017 with a heart of service. His goal is to teach computer skills to those in his community to help them gain employment, or create their own businesses!
- Nov 20, 2016 - When asked about what he's thankful for, Albert said the opportunity to do community service and Leadership Trainings through These Numbers Have Faces.
- Oct 14, 2016 - While Albert was home this summer he enjoyed teaching students and young adults in the Kiziba camp the skills he learned from Leadership Trainings. Teaching others has helped him learn how to take better care of his neighbors!
- June 30, 2016 - Albert just finished his 1st year at University! Over the summer holiday he will be volunteering at a local college teaching mathematics. He also plans to further his studies by reading books related to business and metrics. The lea
- April 20, 2016 - During the Aspen Heights team visit to Rwanda, Albert said he learned a lot from the team’s leadership training. Their presentations showed Albert how much the team believes in him and his fellow scholars. Powerful!
- March 4, 2016 - When asked about his new goals for term, Albert said he wants to dedicate even more time to his studies so that he can improve his marks in all his courses at University!
- Feb 1, 2016 - Albert enjoys reading his These Numbers Have Faces Leadership Guide! He says his favorite part is getting to know more about himself - his goals and aspirations.
- Jan 20, 2016 - For Albert's Community Impact Project, he is volunteering his time to teach mathematics and social science to students in a local primary school!
- Dec 28, 2015 - What was the happiest moment of Albert's year? When he was accepted to be a student at the National University of Rwanda!
- Nov 8, 2015 - How many languages does Albert speak? 4! Kinyarwanda, Swahili, French and English!
C. Ratcliffe - Portland, OR
C. Martinez - San Jacinto, CA
N. Smit & S. Bammer - Portland, OR
BioAlbert and his family are from DR Congo, but they have lived in Kiziba Refugee Camp in Rwanda for the last 20 years. While life has been difficult in the camp, Albert’s circumstances have not deterred him - rather, they have fueled him to pursue his education in hopes of healing his community! Now that he is a University student, Albert’s vision is to one day start a business and provide jobs for orphans and those who have physical disabilities.
Outside of classes, Albert is a leader in his church, and enjoys playing soccer and basketball. He is a member of his school’s Environment, English and HIV/AIDS Awareness clubs.