We’re working to invest in the next generation of African leaders. Please see the opportunities below to join our team.
Development Coordinator (Oregon)
Reports to: Executive Director
Position Hours: 40/week
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $26,000-$31,500 Annually
To apply: Email resume, cover letter describing why the job is desirable, and three references to email@example.com
You thrive on excellence, pay attention to the details, and don’t mind rolling up your sleeves for some to take on a challenge. Working for a small-staffed organization with a large impact throughout Africa, you are a passionate self-starter, committed and disciplined in your role.
You are an integral part of the development team reporting to the Executive Director. You will perform administrative duties related to fundraising, marketing, and communications while also assisting in and leading select fundraising efforts. This includes supporting our Impact Circles and Annual Fund efforts. Each of the tasks and responsibilities will be fully supported by the Director of Development and other members of the These Numbers Have Faces Team.
- Thank and update donors in creative and empowering ways, ensuring timely acknowledgement of gifts and regular cultivation touches throughout the year including cards, and phone calls.
- Collect and process all mail. Prepare and mail donation receipts for both check and online donations.
- Assist with scheduling and preparing materials for meetings, and submitting applications for workplace giving campaigns.
- In collaboration with Director of Development, create, send, and track fundraising campaigns and mailings, including the year-end Holiday Campaign and Spring Campaign.
- Serve as another set of eyes for editing and revising grant applications, campaign materials, and other written pieces.
- Reach out to donors with declined/expired cards to ensure donations continue without gaps.
Social Media and Marketing
- Manage social media marketing campaigns and day-to-day activities including:
- Develop relevant content topics to reach the company’s target customers.
- Create, curate, and manage all published content (images, video and written).
- Analyze key metrics and tweak strategy as needed.
- Basic copywriting and graphics for campaigns and social media
- Format and send monthly newsletter in Campaign Monitor.
- Contribute to web updates for Impact Circle Dashboards. Collaborate with the Director of Development to cultivate content and be responsible for all manual Web Dashboard updates.
Database Coordination & Gift Processing
- Maintain Donor Database including gift input and reporting.
- Create process for maintaining donor records in SalesForce, train team, and ensure it is followed.
- Pull gift information from third party processors (Benevity, United Way, etc.) and communicate with Development Director to ensure gifts are tracked and entered into Salesforce correctly.
Impact Circles and Annual Fund
- Serve as key contact for Impact Circle and Annual Fund members giving less than $1,000 per year from sign-up throughout the relationship, including welcome communications, quarterly emails with scholar updates, periodic thank you cards/communications, and throughout special campaigns.
- Maintain Impact Circle webpage including student dashboards, biographies, donation amounts, photos, etc.
- Create and update scholar biographies for Impact Circle Dashboards.
- Track Impact Circle communications, update stories, and other key information within SalesForce.
- Manage communications between scholars and their Impact Circle members through their message boards and individual emails.
- Maintain a portfolio of existing donors at the Annual Fund levels. In partnership with Director of Development, develop a strategy for stewarding and increasing donation amounts for assigned donors.
- Perform outreach, build, cultivate, and nurture relationships with monthly donors, potential donors,and potential corporations.
- Thank and update donors in creative and empowering ways, ensuring timely acknowledgement of impact circle gifts and regular cultivation touches throughout the year including cards, phone calls, and in-person meetings when appropriate.
- Assist with the planning and coordination of fundraising events, taking the lead when asked on events ranging from small to large-scale audiences.
- Assist with the facilitating the scheduling of all-staff meetings and celebrations both weekly and as the need arises.
- Assist with office-wide operations as needed.
- Help coordinate in-office events such as Holiday Party, etc.
- Coordinate the ordering of office supplies.
Africa Internship Management
- In partnership with Executive Director and Director of Global Impact, help manage all aspects of Africa Interns from travel and living arrangements, to cultural integration and schedule management.
- Assist Director of Global Impact and Director of Development in developing materials for Interns to communicate successfully their role with These Numbers Have Faces to their corporate sponsor and cultivate relationships with their host.
- Assist Director of Development with planning and coordinating corporate events to raise funds and mission awareness with Africa Interns.
- Develop opportunities for donors to become committed to and inspired by These Numbers Have Faces, including volunteer opportunities, events, team trips, exhibit tours and connecting with programing staff.
- Attend local and regional meetings for the purpose of personal professional growth, team collaboration and relational one-to-one engagement/cultivation of donors.