Applications are open for the Rwanda program
Are you an ambitious and community driven student?
Partner with us for a Leadership Loan to attend and succeed in university. Leadership Loans cover tuition, books, transportation & welcome students into a supportive family of friends.
How does the Leadership Loan work?
The Leadership Loan is a full loan, but upon graduation, a significant portion of your loan will be forgiven, based on your current economic situation. Students are required to reinvest the remaining portion of their loan back into the program for a new student from their community.
- We support students with economic or other hardship.
- Students must commit to the Community Impact Program focused on service, leadership & reinvestment for a new student.
- Student must be 25 years of age or younger at the time of application.
- Undergraduate students in all fields of study are encouraged to apply, but we typically select students in the fields of Engineering, Science, Technology, Law, Business, Medicine, and similar fields.
We are so excited to partner with you in this opportunity!
- Applicants must attend or intend attending a university or institution in Rwanda
- Only applicants under the age of 25 will be considered
- While all students in all fields are encouraged to apply, we have a special preference for students studying Business, Science, Medicine, Engineering, Technology, and Law.
- Outstanding tuition fees acquired prior to joining These Numbers Have Faces must be settled for consideration
Criteria - what we look for
- Leadership qualities
- Strong character
- Community involvement
- Socio-economic circumstances
- High Academic Ability
- Submission deadline is 31 May 2015
- Shortlist interviews July 2015
- Additional information/evidence will be requested at interview stage
- Provisional acceptance awarded August 2015
- Upon graduation, 25% of loan is forgiven and the balance paid back is interest free installments to support another student. If students are in the top 10% of their graduation class, an additional 25% will be forgiven